~~**-- The Weather Thread --**~~

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maybe one day these states will figure out the eurpoean financers parading as contractors dont really have the US Tax Payers best interest in mind?

"If we had known a category 2 hurricane was physically coming, it literally takes 4 to 5 days to physically prepare for that"
Let's look at hurricane Michael. On Monday it was formed, and then was hitting land two days later as a cat 5.

If you're contracting off the gulf coast, you need to be prepared during hurricane season. Anyone with half a brain that is near the cone prepares as if the hurricane is hitting them, even if they're not directly inside the cone.

Last edited by a moderator:
Earlier today the Garcon Point bridge was closed because of a car crash. That meant that if someone needed to get from downtown Pensacola to Gulf Breeze (normally < 5 minute drive), it would take them 1hr 9min taking the route through Navarre.

Earlier today the Garcon Point bridge was closed because of a car crash. That meant that if someone needed to get from downtown Pensacola to Gulf Breeze (normally < 5 minute drive), it would take them 1hr 9min taking the route through Navarre.
Perhaps invest in a boat? Or are there any ferries that run? Typically, I go by the motto of being the person who's friends with the person who owns the boat, not the boat owner themselves.

FOG! It came in yesterday, which was awesome because it was 95 degrees yesterday and neither my home nor my office have (functioning) AC. Fog is the natural AC and I love it!

it was so foggy this morning i couldn't see any of the city! 

The weather was absolutely perfect this morning! 47F When I woke up. It's interesting to compare with last year, because at that time we were hitting record highs of 100F today and the first few days into October.

So this is happening my first few days on the job down here in the gulf. I start the 12th.

Screenshot_20201005-065508.png

Looks like it might be.

It's hitting about 3 years to the day from when Michael hit.

temps dropping, snow moving in for the weekend, high for Sunday is 15  - lets get on with it and end some of these GD Fires!

Back