~~**-- The Weather Thread --**~~

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We had 4 days in a row above 40F in Fairbanks, AK, and today is headed that way.  Lots of melting.  The weather channel and other meteorological sources say this will be the warmest winter since 1977 and the second warmest in 110 years.  This is apparently also the first time in that 110 years that the temps in Fairbanks never dropped below -30F, or  below -50F anywhere in AK.

I feel ripped off.

Last edited by a moderator:
holy F shit...were they right when they said it was going to cool off as the day went on.  It was nice this morning, raining but nice temps...;now they are in feels like teens range.  

Mid 70's today and GLORIOUS.  For once, glad I have a doctors appointment.  Bailed from work early, and will be home early!

2" of snow outside. So much for the 70* weather all week and the hope of playing our softball season opener tonight.

Up to 14" could fall on the first day of spring this Sunday.

I enjoy the snow, but I've been trying to get back on my running program, but after I've been running in shorts for a couple of weeks it's difficult to switch back to the winter running attire, so I'm just going to go get a milkshake and watch some TV

I enjoy the snow, but I've been trying to get back on my running program, but after I've been running in shorts for a couple of weeks it's difficult to switch back to the winter running attire, so I'm just going to go get a milkshake and watch some TV
I've been trying to get back to running for a year now.  I guess it isn't going to be today either.  

Back