~~**-- The Weather Thread --**~~

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's our normal mode of operations I just figured the interstate will be hell in the morning tomorrow even up until lunch westbound

I don't think it'll be that cold but just that we would take the -20° sleeping bag and crash in the car so we would be warm..

We have seen a lot of people that go up at two in the morning and crash in their car until the lifts open

I think the worst of winter is over. It was -18 this morning. It can only get better from here. Right???
I'm of the same opinion, except that technically there is still a week of February left. Winter usually eases up here after Feb.

Some of the ski resorts are expected to get up to 2 feet of snow over the weekend.

I'm going to see how the road report looks tonight but my older son and I are giving strong consideration to throwing our -20° sleeping bags in the car driving up tonight and spending the night in the car so we can get in on some of that powder action
Good luck. The freeway is already closed...

http://www.9news.com/story/news/local/2015/02/20/multiple-crashes-heavy-snow-closes-i-70/23760629/

Multiple crashes and heavy snow has closed westbound Interstate 70 from Georgetown to Silverthorne.The Colorado Department of Transportation closed the interstate at 2 p.m. There is no estimated time for reopening.

Wesbound traffic is backed for several miles in the area. CDOT says road conditions are icy with poor visibility.

Last edited by a moderator:
That sucks, I'm going to be stuck at work for at least another hour so it probably would not have happened anyway :-(

Wait, wait, wait...you guys only have winter until the end of February?!

We're hitting our worst time of year for snow.
not necessarily. That's just when things begin to ease up, we have still had shit hit the fan in March

It's 8° and I'm venturing out to a work meeting that 70 miles away, I guess you could say treated roads, already passed at least 10 flipped over or wrecked vehicles on the side of the road this should be a high pucker factor trip... Posting from the gas station not driving.....

Back