~~**-- The Weather Thread --**~~

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
-11 right now.

:censored:

The indicator in the car was reading -13 for most of the drive to work. It went up to -11 about a mile from the parking lot. Pretty bad when -11 sparks the thought: "Well, that's an improvement.". It was a long damn walk in to the office today.

-10 over by the big pond. :(

I recall working with the field crew over at the Exelon plants and finding out they couldn't even get there because the diesel lines were freezing up. LOL

Last edited by a moderator:
Supposed to be 50's and 60's today and tomorrow, then up to a foot of snow over the weekend.

Supposed to hit record low in NC tonight. Single digits, with previous low being 13°F back in 1890-something.

Supposed to hit record low in NC tonight. Single digits, with previous low being 13°F back in 1890-something.
You want a cookie for that?

Nope. I want a space heater and/or a ticket to the Bahamas.

And don't forget, I spent most of my life living in New England or the midwest...

They did have a two hour delay this morning, which I thought was total BS. There wasn't so much as a spec of ice left on the roads. They cancelled yesterday, and even that was asinine.

I will say that Junior was all excited to have the days off, until I told her, "you know, that just means you get fewer days off for your spring vacation," at which point she was royally pissed.

Dead middle of the night, it's -3 with wc of -18. And that false alarm fire call felt every bit of that temp

99.99% of the calls are always false alarms. You might get called to a broken sprinkler system pipe though. They make messes in banks.

Yeah, majority of the calls have been smells and bells calls. I was more acknowledging the God awful temperature at the time of the call.

Just how cold is it in North Carolina? Why, it's GHOST JEEP COLD!

ice-ice-jeep-01.jpg

Some of the ski resorts are expected to get up to 2 feet of snow over the weekend.

I'm going to see how the road report looks tonight but my older son and I are giving strong consideration to throwing our -20° sleeping bags in the car driving up tonight and spending the night in the car so we can get in on some of that powder action

I always did the opposite. Head up there about noon, stay until they kicked us off the hill then grabbed dinner in town before heading back.

Back