~~**-- The Weather Thread --**~~

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thankfully nothing stuck at lower elevations yet. Time to finish as many outdoor projects as possible during daylight hours. Even if it means working in the rain...

That's a good chunk of the year here in CO. Right now we're having overnight lows in the low 40's, and daytime highs in the upper 70's.

Last edited by a moderator:
last month or so the weather has been F'n spectacular. I love sleeping with windows open and being chilly in the morning and then being able to get sun burnt during the middle of the day..

we were washing the cars in shorts and barefoot yesterday, then I thought to myself, hell it could be snowing in a week..

Last edited by a moderator:
we don't have central air so we can't open the windows or the air conditioners would fall out, lol... we'll probably actually pull them out of the windows this week and I will be happy again for a while for that exact reason, there is something about letting the outside air into your house that is refreshing

Big temp swings here, too. Mid-day is great, though. Has made working in the garage bearable again. Of course, I wish it had cooled off a few weeks earlier. Made painting the racecar a nightmare because the paint didn't want to dry/cure and was pinholing from the humidity.

Eh, you'd be surprised. My sister lives in Fairfax, and sometimes I'm surprised on just how different the weather can be. Heck, it was no different when I would drive down to Charleston from here, and that's only about 3 1/2 hours.

NE has been nice so far. Was wearing shorts and had the convertible out with the top down yesterday. Brick but very pleasant.

Thank you rain and improper stormwater drainage!!! now I have to walk around in wet shoes all day. squish squish goes the suede ballet flat.

Yep. The Flyer family is travelling by ground this weekend due to all the t-storm activity they're predicting.

Still summer here. It's funny to hear people here talk about bringing their sweaters out and that fall is here. It is?

And I am still getting tomatoes and peppers out of the garden

I wonder how long it takes for your blood too thin up when you live in Florida, my parents have been there a year so far they said they're actually looking forward to a little cooler weather...

They live a little north of Tampa and they said the winter is nice because it's a lot less crowded

I have a short temperature range in which I'm comfortable. However, even the heat here feels stifling to me sometimes. Must be the humidity. I don't remember it feeling this "hot" in TX even tho it gets hotter there.

A friend of mine moved to Austin from Atlanta, he said it was like he was going to melt.... lol

And I am still getting tomatoes and peppers out of the garden

I wonder how long it takes for your blood too thin up when you live in Florida, my parents have been there a year so far they said they're actually looking forward to a little cooler weather...

They live a little north of Tampa and they said the winter is nice because it's a lot less crowded
Lived here for 30 years and I've never had thin blood but a lot of my friends from New York area seemed to get it after about 1 or 2 winters here.

And where do your parents live in FL that it gets less crowded in winter? I'm an hour south of Tampa and am bracing for snow bird traffic...

We got a nice break this weekend for weather, all the way down to about 83 instead of 90.

Back