~~**-- The Weather Thread --**~~

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Snow tonight & tomorrow.

Word is we are getting 5"-10".

I'm just so ready to be done with winter.

^ I'm about 100 miles north of you and almost got one of our vehicles stuck in our gravel driveway yesterday. I said the same thing during that event but used less than nice vocabulary. The snow that we will be getting is going to be a PIA.

Had about 3" of snow on the yard when I left this morning and it was still snowing. Luckily it's just under freezing, so the roads were more wet/slush than icy/snowpacked.

lots of rain here. I had to rake the drainage ditchs on our property so the stormwater would flow and not create ponds....almost a foot deep in some places. There are too many Ftrees in our neighborhood that shed their leaves/needles/pinecones/acorns.

so apparently there is a brush fire on south NJ (about 90 miles away) but for some reason, odors of the fire can be smelled as far north as NYC due to the current wind patterns. Odd. I always knew that NJ had a bad odor (Armpit of the East Coast) but I never thought it was due to a fire.

spring is finally here. temps steady in the 60s, sunny. ten more degrees and I can permanently shut down my heat for the season.

^ you mean like flipping the switch from "heat" to "cool"? :huh:

LOL

Last edited by a moderator:
^ you mean like flipping the switch from "heat" to "cool"? :huh:

LOL
if I had CA then yes. However this poor engineer relies on a gentle country breeze in the evening, a pool, ceiling fans and the occasional A/C window unit.

I live in south of the Mason Dixon Line and this is all we have....

Back