~~**-- The Weather Thread --**~~

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Turns out I'd forgotten my allergy meds at home, and boy did this weather in LA remind me of what a mistake that was. EVERYTHING itched - eyes, skin, mouth, etc. Zyrtec to the rescue.
It's the pollution too. "Come to LA! See the air!" And if you can't see the air, it's because the Santa Ana winds blew it away and replaced it with dust and pollen.
Wrong LA, state of LA, not the city! Though the pollution down here isn't exactly the best either, but in general, the pollution doesn't bother me. Even living in Houston and working near the ship channel for months on end didn't faze me, but Lord help me if you get me near pollen, trees, or grass.

Turns out I'd forgotten my allergy meds at home, and boy did this weather in LA remind me of what a mistake that was. EVERYTHING itched - eyes, skin, mouth, etc. Zyrtec to the rescue.
It's the pollution too. "Come to LA! See the air!" And if you can't see the air, it's because the Santa Ana winds blew it away and replaced it with dust and pollen.
Wrong LA, state of LA, not the city! Though the pollution down here isn't exactly the best either, but in general, the pollution doesn't bother me. Even living in Houston and working near the ship channel for months on end didn't faze me, but Lord help me if you get me near pollen, trees, or grass.
Oh good, I was going to guilt trip you for not visiting me.

I think the same thing every time... LA vs La vs L.A.

I try to guilt trip MS for never being able to meet up with me when I'm down here. If I were in L.A., you bet your butt there'd be an EB mini-meet!

Oh yeah, bad time for coming down here. Tree sperm is everywhere.

the statement tree sperm is annoying me.

Seriously, trees are dropping wet loads of reproductive mess on my car / lawn / house at night. It's usually the worst when the weather man forecasts heavy wind blowing and general night time wetness. I guess when it really only happens once per year, it will be messy.

We never got any of the snow that they said might be possible. 50 mph wind gusts today, then 50s-60s and rain for the next few days.

Back