The Pet Thread

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's an option too, but the only one we have is mainly for car travel and thus is not so spacious. I'd feel badly keeping him in there for what will likely be at least two hours.
2 hours is nothing.  Throw some catnip in there and just let him trip balls.

Bathroom - that's what we did for our elderly cat last two moves. Problem was our walk-in closet was off our master bedroom for our last move. The mover claimed he loved kitties so he just went in there and packed up. Cat attempted to tear the shit out of him, but he had jeans and heavy boots so he was okay.  Not sure about cat....

Yeah, two hours is the time minimum for them, but I think it's going to actually take less time that that. We've gotta stop taking stuff to the new spot ourselves!

Just ordered two Purrfect cat scratching posts in the hopes to deter the kitty from scratching the new couch cover we just got, but have yet to put on the couch.

They are on the pricier side but made in the U.S. and taller/bigger than any of the current ones we have, which we'll be partially replacing with these new ones. I hope the rave reviews are true for our cat! They do seem like they might be upgraded compared to our couch and certainly to what our Kitty's current options are.

kind of wondering if aliens are about to attack or something, yesterday my dog dug up every single bone she has buried in the past 5 years and brought them to the back door. never seen this activity before, just the obsessive burying part, first time digging them back up. Is this the end? what does she know? its like she really wants them brought inside too..

he's really cute.  What's a "puppy pad"?  Is that millennial speak for "newspaper"?

If you move to Denver I call dibs on pet sitting
I’ve got to get a job there first. Or pay off enough  debt to make the move sans job and look after (which is the current route to us moving).

They're disposable absorbent pads that dogs get trained to pee on.
This! But it’s just until he is trained to go outside.

Had him a little over a week, and we are definitely attached. 

They're disposable absorbent pads that dogs get trained to pee on.
That's what I figured.  We used to use newspaper, but it's hard to find a hardcopy newspaper these days.  Plus they can charge 15x the cost by calling it a "puppy pad".

What worked for me is whenever he starts to go (or assumes the position) pick him up and carry him outside and heap on the praise when he goes.  Some people will bring the pad/newspaper outside and hope he gets the idea to go on the pad which is now outside.  Then wean him off the pad so he just goes outside.  We were able to pretty much bypass the interim step by moving him outside whenever he started to go inside.  Fun times.

I keep telling my wife I want another dog.  She keeps saying no.

They are fun as puppies, except for the house training. I have a feeling we will end up with a 70-90 lb lap dog. Fun

Back