The Pet Thread

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Apparently. As soon as I got there, the hubby came out and called the dog off and apologized, saying he had been watching for me to arrive, but was busy cooking. Later when he said the same thing in front of his wife, she got a little pissed at him. I think the dog was not supposed to be on the giant tether at times they are expecting guests.

sounds like an expensive dinner.  I guess the dog was friendly just not trained to not jump all over people and cars.  Did they offer anything to cover the damage?

a German Sheppard / terrier?  how is the math on that possible?  Someone wanted to take one of the coolest dogs and breed it with one of the most annoying breeds?

The strangest dog I think I have ever seen was a dog that looked like a mix between a German Shepherd and a Corgi. It had the head and body of the German Shepherd, but the legs of a corgi. It looked rather disproportional.

How about a basset hound? Low energy, low maintenance, smart as hell.  We had a Basset / Blue Heeler mix and was the best dog we ever had. He's living with my parents now...

This thing is the size of a German Shepherd, but has this crazy wiry salt and pepper hair.  I could be wrong about the terrier - my best recollection of what they told me the other breed was.  It's a rescue, so I think they got it a little late for the training to stick as well as it should.  Big dog, though, just about knocked me down when I got out - it's paws were nearly to my chest. (The owner was rushing out at that time to pull it away).  

Nothing offered - I don't think they saw the scratch marks and I didn't mention it. I honestly didn't see it until I went home - but I was pretty sure it had happened from the awful claw sounds on the door panel.

Cats [emoji171]

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

thanks all. i got extra snuggle time with my local babies to attempt to offset the sad last night. he is almost 19 years old and up til a couple months ago ran around like a kitten and prowled the backyard. he's tired. 

@knight1fox3, any advice for keeping a kitty aware from horizontal blinds? Thinking of going with drapes, or trying this: https://www.amazon.com/PetSafe-PDT00-13914-SSSCAT-Spray-Deterrent/product-reviews/B000RIA95G/ref=cm_cr_dp_d_show_all_btm?ie=UTF8&reviewerType=all_reviews

We don't really want to just keep the blinds raised, because the window is just above the headboard of our bed in our bedroom. Of course, our bed and the nightstand both provide excellent perching spots for him to get access to the windowsill. We're not really trying to redecorate and move the furniture around in the bedroom, either.

Switching to drapes may not help.  Our cats like to try to climb the curtain in our dining room (though not in the other rooms for some reason.)

Back