The Little 1k Post!!!! A contest you can actually win!

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I still drive a '91 Toyota MR2. I like small cars but some of them are just plain ugly.

I drive a Saturn Astra, but am contemplating trading it in. I miss having something fun, and since I don't have the room for a project car, I'd like something more performance oriented. The problem is, most of the fun cars are too small, and I can't justify having a vehicle with zero cargo space.

I saw that too. Honestly, it really doesn't matter if we lose this one. We need to lose one so we can vote off gymrat...

I've been kicking around the idea of a Pontiac G8. I'll keep the MR2 around but two seats doesn't cut it with a family.

I've been kicking around the idea of a Pontiac G8. I'll keep the MR2 around but two seats doesn't cut it with a family.
What killed me with the G8 was only being available in automatic.

I've tried finding used CTS-V's, but no good local buys.

I've considered going to look at new Mustangs, but Hyundai has the Genesis coupe coming out soon. 300+ hp V6 RWD for less than the price of a Mustang, and a 10 year 100k mile warranty... that's pretty tough to beat.

I saw that too. Honestly, it really doesn't matter if we lose this one. We need to lose one so we can vote off gymrat...
Why do you keep saying that? It's not hurting us having somebody that isn't participating (especially when the alternative is having one less person that can participate). Plus, it means that they will have one less active member for the next challenge since they have already had to cut their dead weight.

Why do you keep saying that? It's not hurting us having somebody that isn't participating (especially when the alternative is having one less person that can participate). Plus, it means that they will have one less active member for the next challenge since they have already had to cut their dead weight.
You have a point... I guess I'm just getting kinda sick of this particular challenge.

When's RG going to take the poll into account?

So, now we need to decide if we want to try to win the dude's posts. If we let him keep going, he will win this for them.

Two minutes ago:

Team A - 1524

McPeeons - 1276

We need to win his posts. He' just posting one letter at a time. They racked up 100 posts in about 10 minutes.

Now:

Team A - 1526

McPeeons - 1299

He is doing many, many . posts... which count because they are coming from a non-team member

You know, I didn't drive anything but stick until I got the Maxx. Sometimes I miss it, but not as much as I thought. The GM slushboxes have always seemed to read my mind about when i wanted up or downshifts.

I say give the G* a check ride and see what you think.

We did over 800 posts in the last few ours of the 10k...we can knock out 500 posts to finish this one today.

You know, I didn't drive anything but stick until I got the Maxx. Sometimes I miss it, but not as much as I thought. The GM slushboxes have always seemed to read my mind about when i wanted up or downshifts.
I say give the G* a check ride and see what you think.
Its not even about having a good auto, they just bore the daylights out of me. Same with paddle shifters. The only autos I use are in my racecars and trucks, because I refuse to pull a trailer while driving stick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back