--**-- The Infirmary --**--

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It'll behoove ya...to care for your uvula.

EG I hope you feel better

my allergy shots this morning bruised my arms...
Ouch. Have you tried the drops?
nope. insurance doesn't cover that. They are rotating a bunch of interns through the shot department. never would have thought that giving shots was as art to be perfected. The ladies that have been given shots for ever have it down to a science, no bruising minimal reddness. the newbs, OMG brusing and swelling.

Insurance companies suck in general. They prey on people's fears to purchase policies that are uneccessary

All insurance is "unnecessary" until you need it.

It's a bet with the associated calculated risks.

Sometimes you won sometimes you lose.

No business succeeds by paying out more than they take in and you can't expect an insurer to pick up a new customer who's got an immediate need (gee I've been diagnosed with an expensive medical condition, maybe I should go get health insurance).

The companies suck when you've been paying on a policy for a long time and an event happens and they say "you're not covered".

I can pay for my drops with my HSA (Health spending account. Like an FSA, but I don't lose the money at the end of the year)

they have removed a lot of stuff that used to be eligible under FSA and HSA- you used to be able to get over the counter medications on it but I guess someone at the FICA level figured they were losing too much money from us middle class Americans on that every year...

The wife's work gives her a HSA every year, I think $1K and its nice that it rolls over..

We have used our FSA to fund braces for our three kids, its a nice little tax break on both ends for stuff you have to buy anyway..

All insurance is "unnecessary" until you need it.

It's a bet with the associated calculated risks.

Sometimes you won sometimes you lose.

No business succeeds by paying out more than they take in and you can't expect an insurer to pick up a new customer who's got an immediate need (gee I've been diagnosed with an expensive medical condition, maybe I should go get health insurance).

The companies suck when you've been paying on a policy for a long time and an event happens and they say "you're not covered".
I agree with all the above. I was referring to examples such as selling life insurance to people who don't need it. And other types of insurance like whole life and annuities, accidental death, credit card insurance, extended warranties, rental car insurance, and on and on.

friday night something bit or stung my wrist, I didn't feel a sharp pain but but all of a sudden my wrist got super itchy. A white mosquitto bite looking welt appeared then the swelling started but It didn't have a puncture in the middle. I put benadryl and ice on it right away, but within a hr or so it went from a welt to swollen to minor case of hives to calm back down to minor swelling. weirdest thing I have ever seen, I don't react that way to mosquitto bites so I still have no clue what happened. Got nailed with a huge eye and nasal allergy attack sunday night into yesterday and it is still major lingering today...i wonder if it is connected. absolutely miserable today

not likely. I was sitting on the front porch holding snickette. best i can wager is i moved just as it was about to sting so it didn't get a chance for a deep sting. whatever is was better me than her.

Back