--**-- The Infirmary --**--

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Went to an ENT doc yesterday about a persistent nosebleed I've been dealing with for the last 6+ weeks. One look in and he instantly recommended surgery for a deviated septum. So June 2nd I will be getting a nose job.

The new Dex?

steve-martin.jpg

Went to an ENT doc yesterday about a persistent nosebleed I've been dealing with for the last 6+ weeks. One look in and he instantly recommended surgery for a deviated septum. So June 2nd I will be getting a nose job.

I have a Dewalt drill and a unibit. Will charge you half price.

pre-op meeting with doc this morning. They ran the allergy tests and confirmed I am allergic to everything except pine and oak trees. They will start me on an allergy therapy program which will last about 4 years.

For the surgery, I didn't realize I would have modified activity schedule for so long afterwards. The surgery itself is 45 min, but they said the healing time is 3-4 weeks afterwards where I cannot do anything that significantly elevates my heart rate & breathing (working out, softball, hiking). Sex life should be unaffected.

He said I shouldn't see a difference on the outside, but should breathe a lot better once they remove the splints (1 week afterwards).

No shots. They use the drops and I only have to see the doc two or 3 times a year for checkups. They mail me a new bottle every 3 months and I take care of it at home.

Because it's off label, it means insurance doesn't cover it. $60 a month, but at least I can still use my HSA account which makes it tax free.

Anyone here use a CPAP machine? Need to have a sleep study done at some point, but it's readily apparent that I have wicked sleep apnea (including the GF frequently waking me up at night to tell me I've stopped breathing for 20+ seconds at a clip.) My big problem with it is that I do not like having shit on my head/face AT ALL. I can't even stand wearing a hat.

my sister does, she just has a nose piece, not a full mouth piece. it has helped her a lot. they are smaller and quieter than they used to be

readily apparent doesn't mean you do though, btw.

mr snick also stops breathing for extended periods of time and i would have thought for sure was sleep apnea. The dr made him wear an oxygen count monitor before a full blown out sleep test and even though his breathing stopped his oxygen levels weren't dropping so no sleep apnea.

Interesting. I know being a fatass doesn't help, but I've always had a soft palate issue while sleeping. When I'm semi-dozing off and laying on my back, you can even hear my mouth "click" as I breath in and out. I can even feel my uvula prodding the back of my tongue.

Back