--**-- The Infirmary --**--

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I finally went to the doctor today after more than a month of a horrible, bronchitis-like cough, weezing when I breathe, and what feels like a sinus infection. At first the doctor thought allergies or possibly asthma. She was so convinced that she gave me a nebulizer treatment. It did nothing though. Thankfully, because asthma would surely kill my firefighter training. Instead, now she's treating me for walking pneumonia. Hopefully the antibiotics will finally kick this thing.

So I finally went to the doctor today after more than a month of a horrible, bronchitis-like cough, weezing when I breathe, and what feels like a sinus infection. At first the doctor thought allergies or possibly asthma. She was so convinced that she gave me a nebulizer treatment. It did nothing though. Thankfully, because asthma would surely kill my firefighter training. Instead, now she's treating me for walking pneumonia. Hopefully the antibiotics will finally kick this thing.
Could it be pertussis? It is making a come back due to people not getting vaccinated.

Bummer they didn't do the hand too.

Hope you are okay supe.
Biopsies came back negative, so good to go! Now I just have to figure out how to deal with my allergies today. My damned eyes are on fire. I hate to go the Benadryl route on top of the usual Zyrtec, because it puts me to sleep.

Thanks everyone. so far I have been on the meds for 12 hours. I am hoping that at the end of the day, I will begin to see some kind of improvement. I was told that I should see a noticeable improvement within 48 hours.

Bummer they didn't do the hand too.

Hope you are okay supe.
Biopsies came back negative, so good to go!
That is the real important thing here. Everything else is just vapor in the wind.

Thanks everyone. so far I have been on the meds for 12 hours. I am hoping that at the end of the day, I will begin to see some kind of improvement. I was told that I should see a noticeable improvement within 48 hours.
Take it easy and do not rush it. Get well soon.

Definitely take it easy. I used to have a habit of letting sinus infections go to my chest. More often than not, it would then take 2-3 serious courses of antibiotics to get rid of it. Things are pretty bad when you try to rush talking just to get a short string of words out between coughs. No laughing matter for sure, hope the AB's provide you some relief soon!

I've actually been feeling muuuuuuuch better today. Still coughing, but my sinuses are far less congested and dare I say, feel like they are draining. I also have been nearly as flemmy.

Need to go to doc's when I get back from Miami. Foot has been hurting for weeks, showed some swelling a week ago, pain intensity level has started to creep up. Hurts a bit with no weight on it, hurts a lot when there's any weight on my arch. I can push/poke all over it and it doesn't trigger anything, but there's an intense pain in my arch that feels like its on the top of my foot when I walk. REALLY hoping I didn't somehow tear/break something, since I have no idea how I may have heard it, and don't want to have to wear Das Boot.

I'm beginning to think its the tendon that runs over the top of the foot. Pain is alternating from the inside of the arch to the outside, as is the swelling. It is also causing additional cramping in my toes (it feels like they want to cross each other).

so I had my follow up doctor visit on monday. Now they are treating me for a sinus infection and am put on a different antibiotic. Not quite 48 hours into the new one but I do notice that I'm feeling far better

04148027.jpg

Back