--**-- The Infirmary --**--

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's been a while since I've had that stomach bug but it's brutal. Hope you get to feeling better. I would always water the Gatorade down so that it taste so sweet.

Well, thought I was doing better yesterday. Ate some solid foods, and felt like it was about over. Then the clock struck midnight, and I thanked god for a strong sphincter as I danced into the bathroom, where I spent the rest of the night. Hasn't let up yet, and back to cramping, though now I can add eggy burps to the mix. The GF and junior both said they experienced the same, but starting to worry that it may be a parasite of some sort. Though the doctor is out of the question right now, as I don't think I could even make it there without ruining the car. My guts are just laughing at the kaopectate. Nausea/stabbing pains are back some, too.

It was really weird this morning, I had what can only be called a 2-minute bug. Went to bed last night feeling fine, woke up this morning no problem, shower, dressed, then as I was putting breakfast on the table for the kids I had this sudden wave of "that doesn't feel right". Went to the bathroom, prayed to the porcelain gods, and then 2 minutes later felt as if nothing happened.

Sushi the night before. I've eaten there a dozen times before, but Mrs Dex said she was feeling funky before bed.

Post-infirmary post: I'm finally feeling human again! I have been home this whole week sick. Finally Thursday I went to the doctors and tested positive for Influenza A. It kicked my butt! I couldn't breathe for 2 days because my nose was so stuffy. Chills, sweating, aches, cough, the works. I haven't been sick like that in a long time. I still get tired just unloading the dishwasher (won't be doing that for awhile!), but I feel like my brain is finally working again.

Mostly back to normal now, other than excrutiating heart burn that has been with me since the first day of puking. I don't think I'd ever been so happy to see some solid rabbit turds in the bowl before.

Woke up on Sat with my lower right jaw sore and popping when I open it all the way. Still sore and feeling "off". I've never had tmj issues before. Maybe grinding my teeth during my sleep?

I have no clue what I did, but I started limping around early yesterday afternoon. Got home, left foot swollen and a bruise about 3" long just forward of the ankle bone. Have zero recollection of what may have caused it, but wearing sneakers in the office today and it hurts like hell.

^ for me that's usually a result of a lot of bar hopping.

Wife pretty sick today and I feel I may be getting it too.

Confirmed something that I had strongly believed to be true on Friday night. Running into a fence at full speed really hurts. I was playing outfield in my weekly softball game and was trying to track down a deep fly ball. The other outfielder said I had space, but only a couple strides later found myself face first into a 6' chain-link fence. At the last second I saw a yellow streak from the painted line along the top of the fence and managed to barely get my free hand up. Still hit hard enough to smash the bill of my hat into my face, knocked my hat & sunglasses off, and put me on my ass.

After lying there for a minute to regain my bearings I realized I ended up with a skinned knee, bloody nose, bruised the heel of my hand, a cut on the bridge of my nose from my glasses and a big goose egg on my forehead from the bill of my hat. I was sore most of Saturday from it.

And no, I didn't catch the ball. I was about a half stride away from catching it, and instead the ball went off the top of the fence and bounced back into the field somewhere behind me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just got back from the dermatologist. Can't feel half of my face, neck, or armpit, courtesy of about 5 lidocaine injections.

Back