--**-- The Infirmary --**--

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tea bag worked, though I didn't see that till this morning I found it in the internet last night. I don't know what I did... but it started bleeding again this morning after I rinsed the nasty off. Just left a message for the dentist.

Check on that ASAP. Also check your blood platelet count...please???

All better...though it is sore. There was some thing stuck, the thing stopped bleeding as soon as soon as she got it cleaned out, rinse with saltwater and all that jazz.

Still have to wear the boot when I amout and about but can take it off at home if I am not walking around much

I will not be making any jokes relating to health. Last time I did on Eb.com....you know what happened.

I'm getting old.

Went to turn around in the driveway yesterday (while standing), didn't lift my foot up all the way, and ended up twisting my leg. Knee and hip both audibly popped, didn't think anything of it once the pain went away (knee hurt right in the joint). Went to the zoo with Junior and the GF, of course she wanted to do this big obstacle course thing (three elevated tiers, rope bridges, etc., you rely on a harness/rope to save your ass, it's pretty sketchy and high off the ground.)

Was doing fine until the sideways rope walk thing. Once it started to get the speed wobbles, I thought I was going to die. Knee swelled up, I hobbled around the rest of the day, iced it when I got home. Was OK for a bit, but good lord does it hurt today. Pain isn't in the joint, feels like a band of pan/stiffness on the top and bottom of it. So now I'm walking around looking like I shit my pants and am trying to waddle to the bathroom.

I woke up this morning with a red, itchy rash on both my hands. Apparently I got into something I'm allergic to. It's driving my crazy.

(Bring on the masturbation jokes)

It might not be an allergy, but rather the itchy sensation you get before the hair starts growing on your palms.

It might not be an allergy, but rather the itchy sensation you get before the hair starts growing on your palms.
yep. how's your eyesight? going blind?

Last edited by a moderator:
Been sick since Sunday. I finally forced myself to come home from work today and drank unholy amounts of oil of oregano mixed with OJ. Here's hoping I'll be better by tomorrow as it works its disgusting-tasting, pizza-scented magic.

On a terrifying note, my in-laws recently told me there's a strain of 90-day flu going around their town. I hope it doesn't make its way across the border to the States.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know what the heck I did to my neck this past weekend, but something in the back on the left side is definitely out of whack. Any time I turn my head to put any tension on it, I'm in agony (first noticed when rolling over in bed and trying to lift my head off the pillow). It's got to be pressing/pinching a nerve or something, because my left palm and four fingers (thumb excluded) have been almost completely numb for three days now. Only feel pins and needles.

Really noticeable in the mirror, too. My head is cocked a bit to the right, and my left shoulder is sitting much lower than the right when standing "normally".
Sounds like you need a session with the bone breaker...

according to my wife, a good massage therapist can help there too.

Good possibility. I used to go twice a week, now with my work schedule, can never make it to one. I need to find someone who can do those trigger point injections, too. Those seemed to help temporarily, especially for the shoulder blade pain.

As a side note, I think all the years of competitive shooting really did a number. Jamie Grey, who took double women's gold at the last Olympics, I grew up shooting with. Between standing there with your back arched for hours a day, 6 days a week, and carrying around the heavy gear bags, it really takes its toll. She's in her very early 30's, and just had to officially retire from shooting because of the back issues, even though she's in her prime.
she went to my alma mater!

I don't know what the heck I did to my neck this past weekend, but something in the back on the left side is definitely out of whack. Any time I turn my head to put any tension on it, I'm in agony (first noticed when rolling over in bed and trying to lift my head off the pillow). It's got to be pressing/pinching a nerve or something, because my left palm and four fingers (thumb excluded) have been almost completely numb for three days now. Only feel pins and needles.

Really noticeable in the mirror, too. My head is cocked a bit to the right, and my left shoulder is sitting much lower than the right when standing "normally".
Sounds like you need a session with the bone breaker...

according to my wife, a good massage therapist can help there too.

Good possibility. I used to go twice a week, now with my work schedule, can never make it to one. I need to find someone who can do those trigger point injections, too. Those seemed to help temporarily, especially for the shoulder blade pain.

As a side note, I think all the years of competitive shooting really did a number. Jamie Grey, who took double women's gold at the last Olympics, I grew up shooting with. Between standing there with your back arched for hours a day, 6 days a week, and carrying around the heavy gear bags, it really takes its toll. She's in her very early 30's, and just had to officially retire from shooting because of the back issues, even though she's in her prime.
she went to my alma mater!

I grew up shooting with/against quite a few of the folks who went to Alaska Fairbanks. Good group of folks, most of whom were very humble and down to earth.

Back