--**-- The Infirmary --**--

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't know what the heck I did to my neck this past weekend, but something in the back on the left side is definitely out of whack. Any time I turn my head to put any tension on it, I'm in agony (first noticed when rolling over in bed and trying to lift my head off the pillow). It's got to be pressing/pinching a nerve or something, because my left palm and four fingers (thumb excluded) have been almost completely numb for three days now. Only feel pins and needles.

Really noticeable in the mirror, too. My head is cocked a bit to the right, and my left shoulder is sitting much lower than the right when standing "normally".

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know what the heck I did to my neck this past weekend, but something in the back on the left side is definitely out of whack. Any time I turn my head to put any tension on it, I'm in agony (first noticed when rolling over in bed and trying to lift my head off the pillow). It's got to be pressing/pinching a nerve or something, because my left palm and four fingers (thumb excluded) have been almost completely numb for three days now. Only feel pins and needles.

Really noticeable in the mirror, too. My head is cocked a bit to the right, and my left shoulder is sitting much lower than the right when standing "normally".
Sounds like you need a session with the bone breaker...

according to my wife, a good massage therapist can help there too.

Good possibility. I used to go twice a week, now with my work schedule, can never make it to one. I need to find someone who can do those trigger point injections, too. Those seemed to help temporarily, especially for the shoulder blade pain.

Good possibility. I used to go twice a week, now with my work schedule, can never make it to one. I need to find someone who can do those trigger point injections, too. Those seemed to help temporarily, especially for the shoulder blade pain.

As a side note, I think all the years of competitive shooting really did a number. Jamie Grey, who took double women's gold at the last Olympics, I grew up shooting with. Between standing there with your back arched for hours a day, 6 days a week, and carrying around the heavy gear bags, it really takes its toll. She's in her very early 30's, and just had to officially retire from shooting because of the back issues, even though she's in her prime.

holy crap...over the last hour or so the pain/pressure starts in my ear across the cheek bones to behind the eyes then across the check to the other ear.

Back