--**-- The Infirmary --**--

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A couple of days ago I tripped a loose shoelace and went face first into a closed door.
We buy velcro shoes for my daughter. You should look into them for your size.

I hope you're feeling better.

Last edited by a moderator:
Holy overkill Batman! A couple of days ago I tripped a loose shoelace and went face first into a closed door. My nose took the brunt of it and I was pretty sure I broke it. Bled like crazy. Was a little woozy but but did not pass out. I stopped the bleeding, but it kept re-opening on me. I was sick of getting blood on my clothes, furniture, etc. so I went over to the walk in clinic to get it cauterized.

I explain to the receptionist why I was there, and she seemed all concerned and got the triage nurse. So I explain it to her. "Since there's a head injury involved, you need to go to the ER in case you have a concussion or facial fractures."

OK, I go over to the ER (same medical group), they put me in this secondary ER for the basic stich 'em and ditch 'em cases, get all gowned up (no IV at least) and the nurse practitioner. She gets me cauterized, then applies pressure to different areas of my place, which I told her was tender here and there. Suddenly: "You might have broken an orbital bone, we need to do a CT scan." Listen lady, I just want you to stop the bleeding so I can out of here. The scan comes back negative and I go. What should have been a 5 minute office visit turned into a 4+ hours ordeal.

I WISH I could get in and out of an ER in only 4 hours.

yeah minisnicks school just called saying he was crying about an earache...which he did not mention this morning when i dropped him off at daycare.

Had to call the Daycare to go pick him up. THey said about an hr after i left he started complaining (no fever) but they gave him tylenol and asked him if he wanted to stay there or go to school. he chose school

You may want to go to a bigger city hospital back east in all reality... My wife has noticed that the hospitals out here in Denver are at least 10 years behind the ones she left in Atlanta...(in terms of basic technology upgrades)

Ans ill go out on a limb and say that ATL is likely behind the Boston medical district

Last edited by a moderator:
I feel like I need to get checked out for a sinus infection. today I had the worst sinus headache in a long time.

i'll save you the copay...

forehead tender to touch or hurts when bend forward...answer yes to either and you likely have a sinus issues. If your snot is green to brown you likely have an infection

unless you are puking due to the pressure/imbalance take sudaphed 12 hr (the real stuff) for no more than 5 days

Back