--**-- The Infirmary --**--

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
go to the restrooms down the hall or at LEAST use the air freshener that is SITTING RIGHT FUCKING THERE

I now have a candle at the end of my desk for sanity :)
just avoid spraying the toilet paper with the air freshener....we have multistall bathrooms and someone sprayed air freshner into the stall after doing their business and got it all over the TP.  A few weeks ago I was unfortunate enough to be the lucky SOB who went to blow my nose with said toilet paper and had a minor allergy attack from the smell and contact with the chemical on a raw nose area.  

Anyone else going on 2 weeks of the can't sleep at night coughing fits?

Between the 4 bottles of the "meth" cough medicine and the jack n coke I still can't barely fall asleep before 1 am:(
Junior and Mrs. Supe both.  My body is trying like hell to hold it off.  The rain and warmish weather are doing a number on my asthma, though.

We are in an old building, but we have been here for 7 yrs and nothing has hit me this bad.  There are two recent transplants to the immediate vicinity.  One has two air freshers set up on the top shelves of the cube walls that are abut a heavy traffic hall so it wafts as people walk by, the other might be a heavy colgne/aftershave user.  He hasn't been around much but the days he is here my throat tickles so it is hard to say which is the main cause.  it is just annoying
They just sent an office email out last week telling people to knock it off with the smelly stuff, among other things.  I know a few people who have already moved cubes based on the smell/noise/hygiene of adjacent workers, and HR/facilities was obligated to move them per policy.

I refuse to be moved, it would make my job harder to be away from my group.  I was here first and informed management BEFORE some of the moves happened that they trigger my allergies.  and they still moved them in anyways when they had the chance to pick a different location for the others  

I know perfumes served a purpose when water was scarce, but OMG do people really need to bathe in the stuff before heading out to spend time in tight quarters?!?!?! 

someone was wearing something at the basketball game that I am allergic too.  After just starting to feel better after a 2-3 week allergy attack that turned into sinus infection I am now right back at the beginning of an allergy attack.  

I haven't been able to breathe for shit in about a week.  I suspect I may end up back at the doctor's for some prednisone soon.  Being late on my allergy shots isn't helping.  I updated my insurance info with them like they asked, but they forgot to put in the order for the serum once they got it!  She didn't have enough left for a full injection, so I'm about a week overdue now.

I haven't been able to breathe for shit in about a week.  I suspect I may end up back at the doctor's for some prednisone soon.  Being late on my allergy shots isn't helping.  I updated my insurance info with them like they asked, but they forgot to put in the order for the serum once they got it!  She didn't have enough left for a full injection, so I'm about a week overdue now.
so they didn't just give you what was left and have you come back sooner for the next one?

They just eeked by with enough to be considered full dose this month.  I will have new vials for Feb....which they drop back in dose due to the fresh potency

so they didn't just give you what was left and have you come back sooner for the next one?

They just eeked by with enough to be considered full dose this month.  I will have new vials for Feb....which they drop back in dose due to the fresh potency
They told me no, that since I am just starting at the peak maintenance dosage that they can't drop it back.  

still super congested so i am having to breath through my mouth which is causing some major chapped lips...to point of cracking and bleeding.  sooo not fun.  forget trying to eat anything salty

still super congested so i am having to breath through my mouth which is causing some major chapped lips...to point of cracking and bleeding.  sooo not fun.  forget trying to eat anything salty
That sounds really dirty.

OMG, farmers are already starting to till the fields.  it's still early February.  mild winter early field work spring allergies are going to SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, that hangover I mentioned over in the Hangover Clinic on Thursday was a polite beginning to an ugly (unrelated) battle I faced later that day (more like night).

Yep, the classic food poisoning symptoms! Mainly, repeatedly waking up in the middle of the night throwing up everything possible. Fun times.

It took four days to to fully recover, but I think I'm back to normal now. Boy, food poisoning is awful!

a little warning that you are planning on prescribe burning half to 3/4 of the forest around the lake would have been greatly appreciated.  That sort of shit kicks up a LOT OF SHIT.  paying for it this week.    

All these shitty mcshit pear trees started blooming here.  Thank god my allergy shot is tomorrow.

my lungs/ribs hurt from coughing, i can still feel my ears.  another stupid allergy attack that is turning very likely into infection.  

Back