--**-- The Infirmary --**--

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Damn, Supe. Sorry to hear about your dad. I hope things work out for him.

Supe:  sorry about the medical issues in both cases.  I hope they can patch you and your dad back together.

Thanks.  Dad is still in a lot of pain.  Muscle relaxers made me late for work, and gave me some crazy ass dreams involving a coworker, a pharmacy robbery, antique firearms, and duffle bags full of large, offshore fish.  Can't make this shit up.  

Well, bad news for my dad.  Fully torn/separated quadricep.  Current estimates are four months following surgery to begin PT, and 10 months to a year for full recovery.  Apparently they have to drill anchors into the knee, and basically pull the muscles down into place and immobilize it before it can start to heal properly.

Haven't heard yet.  I think they're running it all through insurance to see what the damage $$$ is.

The really shitty part is that the dog is really dependent on him for walks, etc.  They had also just gutted their upstairs bathroom for a reno that is now completely on hold since he can't do any of the work.  Suspect I may have to burn some vacation later this year and head up there.

Damn Supe, hope you both get better soon.

Getting old sucks. I was playing basketball yesterday and somehow managed to pull a lower back muscle. I couldn't move for most of the day yesterday. I'm feeling better today but still in pain. I took the day off from work and am at the doctor now to see what she says.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Damn, that sucks Supe! My dad is having surgery to fix a hernia that he's had for years on Wednesday. I'm glad he's finally getting it taken care of, it's been getting bigger the last few times I've seen him. 

Sorry to hear Ble, good luck with his surgery.

MF - Getting old does suck.  I think I really first felt it last time I took junior to an amusement park.  It was less about corn dogs and funnel cakes, and more about popping aspiring between rides until I couldn't take it anymore.

My dad's surgery went well, but it took longer than expected due to the hernia being larger than the doctor had anticipated. Now my dad's in a lot of pain because of all the extra tugging and work that had to be done to fix it. Hopefully the pain subsides soon.

As for me, I'm back to work today after getting hit by the stomach bug Monday evening. I left work fine on Monday and by the time I got home my head was hurting a little bit. I didn't think much of it, but by bedtime I knew that I was going to be in for a long night. I had forgotten how bad the stomach bug is and I spent most of the day yesterday in the bed trying to recover. I'm still tired as hell, but at least my stomach is feeling better. Now I just pray that no one else in the ble household comes down with it!

Glad the surgery went well, and glad you're feeling better!

"Dad made it through surgery, but his first night out of the hospital was described by my mother as "the worst I've ever seen him in 45 years of marriage."  Percocets weren't even dulling the pain, and he was in agony.  Surgery was about 2 hours long, and the surgeon described it as "every bit as bad as we expected it to be."  Now for a long road to recovery.

Back