The Baking Thread

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Except, now I don't really remember what this was for? Will I get sent stuff, or is it just giving feedback on surveys and stuff?

I FUCKING WANT ALL THE RHUBARB AND IT LIKE NOT A THING HERE.  I SAW IT FOR A WEEK AND THEN IT WAS GONE.

Indiana is in full swing of opening up and I just...I'm going to start baking again and giving specific treats to specific shop groups.  Hopefully they won't mingle with each other and will be good.  On the docket is:

HVAC shop - Espresso double chocolate brownies

Electric shop - Ranger cookies (shakes in maf excitement)

Pipe shop - Chocolate chip oatmeal cookies

Wood shop - Apple cider doughnut (might just make these into pumpkin spice/cinnamon doughnuts since I haven't made doughnuts in forever)
I'll send you my address for those ranger cookies

I made cheddar beer bread dinner rolls to have with dinner the other day! Used yeast, because I've gotta live a little some times, right?

I think I'm going to attempt to make some more sourdough bagels this weekend, though. I've got all four starters out of the fridge for a feeding tonight... I'm not sure which one I'm going to use, but they all need to be fed!

Last edited by a moderator:
I made cheddar beer bread dinner rolls to have with dinner the other day! Used yeast, because I've gotta live a little some times, right?

I think I'm going to attempt to make some more sourdough bagels this weekend, though. I've got all four starters out of the fridge for a feeding tonight... I'm not sure which one I'm going to use, but they all need to be fed!
i gave up on my sourdough

and i totally meant to make bagels. but i'd rather hike this weekend.

I also make something called a Brown Betty today with apples, toasted breadcrumbs, and spices. I was actually surprised with the results. It doesn't look great but it tastes really good, especially with ice cream. 

20201003_204002.jpg

O hey. It’s me. Covid jk. Making baked good for all my shops because I’m a mean person. Ranger cookies were made with cranberries instead of chocolate chips because that’s how I like them/I want the guys to get some type of non-candy in their belly. Still have to hype myself up for doughnuts (I’ve never made them before), but here’s the current state of my kitchen:

A085C20F-8A9D-4A05-A6B7-0C14A57FC7E9.jpeg

AFEEBDE4-8425-4723-9ECF-A6431D3D39FA.jpeg

10EC2AFA-440E-4DE6-9325-8B3EDBBF14DC.jpeg

I made the old fashioned apple cake with brown sugar frosting from King Arthur Baking Co - they featured it in their stories this morning and we're drowning in apples from the CSA. Almost out of the ones we got on 18 Sep.

Also made baked blackberry jam donuts. They need more jam but otherwise are delish.

Theres also a quiche but I used storebought pie crust since Ive never made a quiche and wanted to save my energy for the donuts.

I also made a double batch of the miso chocolate chip cookies from A Cozy Kitchen on Friday

20201004_171133.jpg

I made the focaccia and the bagels! This time with the bagels, I had a request for more surface area on the bagels (we typically turn them into bagel sandwiches for awesome bagel sandwiches), so I used the same recipe but simply made 10 bagels instead of the normal dozen. I think it worked!

I also canned 6 more quarts of tomatoes and 3.5 half pint jars of raspberry jam that I’m afraid I might have slightly burnt... 

That sounds slightly good?  Like one of those hire tier restaurant things:

"Everything bagel base with a burnt raspberry jam compote and gently whipped cream"
I like this take on it! But does this mean I have to go hand whip whipped cream again? I mean, I've done it before...

Back