The Automotive Thread

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
so we make a run to the home depot last night. dog comes with us. on the way home, dog has diarrhea all over the car. Thank god for leather seats, but are there any options other than just setting my car on fire? Also difficult to clean when its 18 degrees out last night... cleaning supplies kept freezing..

fucking ugly mess :(

This is one I agree with Dex on. Just foot the money for a good detailer. You're not going to get that out with some windex and paper towels.

so we make a run to the home depot last night. dog comes with us. on the way home, dog has diarrhea all over the car. Thank god for leather seats, but are there any options other than just setting my car on fire? Also difficult to clean when its 18 degrees out last night... cleaning supplies kept freezing..

fucking ugly mess :(
OMG, that would really suck!

Have you tried any of these? Worked well trying to get various odors out of a used car we used to have.

http://www.autozone.com/a-c-charging-and-refrigerant-freon/odor-eliminator?filterByKeyWord=odor&fromString=search

I also like this stuff too:

http://www.autozone.com/interior-detailing-and-car-care-products/carpet-upholstery-cleaner/febreze-fabric-spray-odor-cleaner/419782_0_0/

I guess in 8 years with the dog never had this before. She must be sick, she woke me up every 2 hours last night to go out and do the same, @ 3 AM I just left her outside. we do have a doggie door into the garage from the backyard..so she wouldn't freeze to death..

there is an overpriced detailer shop by my work but they are closed today due to the cold... I may try that place dex listed..

I am gonna hit up auto zone at lunch to see what can get me by... I tried using a car carpet shampoo thing last night but it literally froze!

I will say to treat it in the meantime, use an enzyme-based cleaner. Most pet stores/walmart will carry them.

Stanley Steemer also does automotive interior. Worth giving them a shot.

Last edited by a moderator:
I had cat piss on my cloth car seats after taking one of the female cats to the vet. The 2 girls piss in their carrier every time and it got out and all over my seat. Hot steamy days do not mix well with cat piss. Got an interior detail and that seemed to get the stank out.

can you get the car in the garage? bring it in and let it warm up. try another cleaner in the morning.

I wonder what she got into. It's tough on the pets (and yours is a good one) they don't want to make a mess either, but they have no alternative.

I will give that a try when I get home..(garage) our garage stays pretty warm so far... just bad timing last night. If it wasn't below freezing it wouldn't be so bad to clean out if you can dig it!

I could tell she felt bad, we take for granted how good she normally is...

can you get the car in the garage? bring it in and let it warm up. try another cleaner in the morning.

I wonder what she got into. It's tough on the pets (and yours is a good one) they don't want to make a mess either, but they have no alternative.
If you let it run for a while with the heat on high it should warm up enough to clean. but then again the smell may stay in the cabin air filter for a while even after you get the goo off your seats... ick.

it didn't smell that bad when I went to lunch. got some new cleaners, will hit it again tonight!

I am going to be replacing the plugs and wires on my '01 Blazer for the first time, maybe this weekend. Also the right front hub assembly. Also the left outer tie rod, both inner tie rods, and the right idler arm. I'm not concerned with the plugs, wires or hub assembly, but has anyone else on here done much steering assembly work? How difficult is it?

Be sure to have a pickle fork and / or a pitman arm puller to help get things apart (along with a BFH). When disassembling the tie rod end, count the turns to make sure you et the new one back on in almost the same position.

With the right tools, the job is fairly easy to accomplish.

Be prepared to go to the shop for an alignment when your done; no matter how careful you are, things will get buggered up.

Like bly said, ball joint/tie rod removal is usually the biggest PITA. I've had some that required pickle fork and air hammer to get off, and others that have come off with a few taps, just hit or miss. You may want to have some steering rack boots in waiting if you're doing inner tie rods depending on what kind of shape they're in. Easy to tear, and not a bad maintenance item to replace while its apart. Keep some cotter pins handy too, as I like to replace them on castle nuts rather than trying to bend them back into shape.

woohoo....spent $300 on the regular maintenance of my car on saturday and will be spending another $900 on tires later this week.

Back