The Automotive Thread

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In the old days, I'd run the wire to the fuse box and tap into something that is only powered when the ignition is on...like the radio. the additional draw of the CB shouldn't blow a fuse. See if there an Accessory circuit you tap into. I never went directly to the battery.

break 1-9 break 1-9 how about a smokey report?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vGwUSAuygtU

Last edited by a moderator:
that's it! I knew there was an easier / smarter way.. thanks!

I am really looking forward to it, I am also hoping it will provide some entertainment on my daily commute as well...

some of the others dads in our scout troop have them and down in the valleys way way in the mountains cell signals don't exist. figured it would be fun / beneficial for those outings as well

I'm about to toss a 40 channel EF Johnson CB with SSB. It's utterly useless to me anymore. Almost everyone is using VHF business band radios and my HF radio can receive the 11m frequencies.

Recipient to pay shipping for a medium flat rate box. PM for details.

so your saying there is a reason it was only $20?

Im gonna give it a whirl, I am figuring with all the trucks that have to drive either through or around the Eisenhower Tunnell there should be some traffic when something is F'd up

dyedthdd.jpg

I'm saying I don't use it anymore and nor do any of the local truckers. Since I got my Ham license, it hasn't been hooked up in any truck (~'98) and has been moved three times since then.

Slowly downsizing extra gear...

There are a lot of overzealous and reckless drivers in this state.,,

I'd say this is a good case of small penis that got out-of-control

Slowly making progress on the race car.

Driveshaft was built over vacation and went in with minimal complications, just had to shim the pinion up a bit to let the driveshaft yoke clear the rear subframe (it was hitting by a few thousands, you could just feel the drag on the yoke if you watched where it rubbed as you spun by hand).

Side exit exhaust is done. Just need to trim the exhaust outlet on one side down, as the whole system shifted when I tightened down the shitty ball and socket connectors on the headers. Exhaust exits through a heat shield that makes up part of the side skirts now.

Hood is still being worked on. Had to cut a bunch of holes in it, and then build up a few fiberglass lips around the openings. The hood was also short about 3/8" to 1/2" on either side when I got it, so I had to sand off the gelcoat and build up the edges with fiberglass laminate. I've also had to do the same to the corners of the hood near the windshield, but the cold weather is not letting my resin cure. I tried to kick start it with a heat gun last night, so fingers crossed.

I also got the oil filter adapter for the accusump installed. An accusump uses an electric valve to release pressurized oil in the event of a sudden drop in oil pressure (like under heavy braking or sweeping turns when the G forces move the oil in the pan away from the pickup).

Also started minor body work. Need my new MIG welder to show up next week to patch some rivet/bolt holes, but at least got started on the roof. Using a fairly high quality body filler, fairs out nicely but takes forever to sand.

Will have to post some from home where Photobucket isn't blocked :rolleyes:

I'm surprised no on posted about this.

the first 707hp Hellcat sold in Colorado gets wrecked about an hour after it leaves the dealership.

oops!

http://jalopnik.com/first-hellcat-sold-in-colorado-wrecked-an-hour-after-pu-1673994344
The guys in my local Camaro club were all over it. One of the guys actually went to the dealership the day before it was purchased/wrecked to possibly purchase it.

Here are some more details and pictures:

http://www.tflcar.com/2014/12/first-2015-dodge-challenger-hellcat-sold-in-colorado-crashed/

He must have been shopping in a trenchcoat and sunglasses.

I broke down and had a modern radio put in my old tahoe.... The Bluetooth feature that will play our music (via phones) with no wires is cool as shit.... The kids at the car audio place got a kick out of my AC/DC music I think.... Maybe I need to go back for a sub woofer and amp?

Back