The Automotive Thread

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yes you are paying for their name..

I'm getting a little more beefier tire than those, these are not the exact ones, these are similar but they have the snow grooves in them. I had a very similar model from them that went an easy 50,000 miles and almost exhibited no wear and they practically deflect nails and such..

I think next month I start driving to Greeley 2-3 times a week (company vehicle) so that will cut down on some the mileage I will loose with these for a while...

Some of the places our scout troop goes I really need a true off road tire but you have to make comprises..

tires.jpg

EZ-Lok inserts for the win!!

15 minutes of drilling, tapping, and screwing (heh heh), and that insert was in solid. I had to open up the ID of the hub bore on the flywheel some to fit the crank, but the flywheel is on, torqued to 65 ft/lbs, loctited in place, and the clutch is now installed. It was a bit of a magic act getting everything centered with the twin discs, so I'm hoping the rest of the install goes smoothly.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bee will be off to the shop tomorrow and Friday.

List of things to be done:

Install stainless brake lines

Brake fluid flush/upgrade to DOT4

Upgrade front calipers to larger 6-piston

upgrade rotors to larger fronts & all 4 will be dimpled/slotted

Performance brake pads

Install upgraded fuel pump

Install new rear upper control arms

replace passenger side axle

Re-install new rear trailing arms

Overall suspension check/investigate clunk noises.

I don't even want to think how much this will cost (although I have a spreadsheet tracking how much it will be).

I never updated this-I sold my car to an auction place.
sold is better than just abandoning it with no return. I hope you did well.

Dex: we want a gopro video of you pulling some serious g's.

I got about a thousand bucks for it, which is way better than local scrap yards were willing to do, plus the company towed it away. I didn't feel right trying to sell it on Craigslist. DamagedCars.com is who we went through and it was easy peasy.

I've been experimenting with what it might look like to just not own a car since August. Last weekend I rented a car on a super cheap weekend rate ($38.93 total for Friday-Monday) and did some running around. I went ahead and rented another car for Thanksgiving weekend to go see the husband's family. So far I've only had a handful of times where I thought, "DANG. I wish I had a car right now." My mind may change in snow, but for now it's been okay.

I'll now get out of here. "Get a car, hippie!"

I f*cking hate crappy clutch alignment tools and the fact that my mother f'ing trans is about 1/32" out of alignment with the pilot bearing, and its enough to make it not seat, which means I will probably have to disassemble the entire f'ing thing again...

I'm having so many issues with my car lately. Today either the idler pulley or the belt its on broke which both were replaced about a year ago. The engine was making weird noises and starting to overheat. So we had to pull over and get it towed now. Aside from that there is the oil leak and who knows what else.

New ones are nice. When I was in my teens and 20's, I pretty much drove POS cars and trucks, and I worked on them weekly, now I enjoy riding newer vehicles and not worrying so much about worn out broke down cars. On the plus side, I learned how to take care of most problems on my cars.

2015%2BFord%2BMustang%2BGT%2Bvs%2B2015%2BChevrolet%2BCamaro%2BSS%2Bmuscle%2Bcar%2Bcomparison.jpg

The 1LE Camaro destroyed the new Mustang GT Track Pack. You want comfort, get the Mustang, but if you want power and performance get the Camaro.

Best part is the 2016 Camaro is changing platforms to a lighter chassis and a better LT1 engine which means it will only get better.

Here is a pic of Bee just after the work was done in Utah. I didn't have a chance to wash it after the 8-hr drive, but I still think it looks good.

10359094_10152808601393249_6761336741931858279_o.jpg

The ones on the fender look dumb. I have one on the hood just above the mail-slot and one on the roof just above the rear window.

^^^ That's Bumblebee from Transformers 3. The production "Transformers Edition" comes with those badges, but they have chrome and I don't like chrome.

Mine is modeled more like the TF2 version which was the official reveal of what was supposed to be the Z28 but ended up being the ZL1 (also minus the chrome, and I do have the red bowtie I only put it on for shows):

18nc99gc9dozljpg.jpg

2016 Ford Bronco coming back after 20 years
After about 20 years, Ford will be bringing back 2016 Ford Bronco with the concept discussed in 2004. This model is mostly based on Ford Atlas and if this becomes popular will again start the market of two doors 4 X 4 SUV. So you can understand that this is a two door vehicle with powerful engine of SUV category.

http://bestcarsof2015.com/2016-ford-bronco/

2016-Ford-Bronco-Concept-Front.jpg

Back