Take a penny leave a penny

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I add a glove too small to the pile.

There are now three pennies, a trial, and a glove that's too small in the pile.

It was a mistrial since the prosecutors couldn’t agree on whether they were trying O.J. Simpson or Bill Cosby anymore. The evidence went with them.

There are now 3 pennies in the pile.

I don't want to pay extra for disposal. I add all of my construction debris to the pile.

There are now three pennies at a few hundred pounds of ceramic debris in the pile.

Hey look, a dumping site. I’ll add my wet carpet from a couple weeks ago. Hope I don’t get in trouble.

There are now 3 pennies, a few hundred pounds of ceramic debris, and some wet carpet in the pile.

The city posts a notice to remove personal items from this area.

There are now 3 pennies, a few hundred pounds of ceramic debris, some wet carpet, and a city notice in the pile.

I graffiti over the city notice. And add a 50 year old cast iron tub.

There are now 3 pennies, a few hundred pounds of ceramic debris, some wet carpet, a 50 year old cast iron tub, and a graffiti'd-over city notice in the pile.

I repurpose the raw materials to make a new bathroom.

There are now 3 pennies, a refurbished bathroom, and a graffiti’d-over city notice in the pile.

I call a scrapper.  He takes the pennies, the tub, and the city notice so nobody thinks he stole it.

There are now a few hundred pounds of ceramic debris and some wet carpet in the pile.

A homeless man sleeps in it.

There is now an incomplete refurbished bathroom with a homeless man sleeping in the pile.

The homeless man awakens, completes the renovation, but falls asleep again and gets stuck in the toilet.

There is now a homeless man stuck in a toilet in the pile.

I see the homeless man in the toilet. Assuming he is working (I can’t understand a word he’s saying), I decide to pay him for his trouble.

There are now 5000 pennies and a homeless man stuck in a toilet in the pile.

Last edited by a moderator:
I can understand him. He says he is not homeless, since this is his home now. 

There is someones residence and their 5000 pennies in the pile.

The landowner shows up and sees a structure and a non-homeless man on his property and posts an eviction notice.

There is someone's residence, an eviction notice, and 5000 pennies in the pile

I see what you did there...

As an engineer, I am morally opposed to unitless numbers so I assign an arbitrary set of units to the 5000.

There is someone’s residence, an eviction notice, and 5000 lbs/sf.

Back