Sometimes you just need to scream!!!

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He pulled the same shit last night!  Lady on the phone said "oh, he tried to deliver at 7:14".  Me, "that's funny, because this is a residential address, the package requires no delivery confirmation or signature, and your driver has not been seen on my security cameras anywhere near my property yesterday OR today."

So, she goes through all the BS to route my package to the FedEx store so I can actually get it.  "Do you want the driver to attempt delivery once more?"  Me - "uh, no, he's lied and left my shit on the truck so he could go home early for two days in a row now, I don't expect him to be competent enough to do his job tomorrow, either."

So she starts to go into the "please take a short survey" line thinking we're done, when I interrupt with, "before we go, I want to ensure that this issue is filed as a formal complaint and escalated to your driver's management, since he has proven to be a liar and is falsifying company and customer records".  I could hear her sigh on the other end.  
When you see doorbell cam footage of delivery drivers kicking, throwing, etc. packages, it's nearly always FedEx drivers.  I may have seen 1 or 2 UPS drivers in those videos, but the vast majority are FedEx.  I don't understand how one company can be so good at this and the other be so abysmal.  

UPS is considerably larger, unionized, and is a "single network" company.  Ground/air/hubs operate under a single corporate structure.  FedEx is mostly non-union, is multiple smaller networks/companies operating under a corporate umbrella, often uses independent contractors in lieu of actual employees, and makes most of their profit off international air freight.  FedEx is the fucking Wish.com of delivery companies.

I don’t know how many times I am about to order something and then try and find the same thing on amazon just so it can be there tomorrow...and so I can avoid fed ex / ups

Doesn’t always work but most of the time...

FedEx delivers a lot of our Amazon stuff.  This one WAS an Amazon order.

Hubs ordered something through one the deal-a-day sites, and they recently switched to using Pitney-Bowes  as their shipping service. It took over a month to get a package, which sat in a local post office (but not our town's PO) for a week before being shipped to another post office in another state before being transferred to our PO for delivery.  Do not recommend.  ha.

I actually get a lot of my small ebay stuff through Pitney-Bowes and haven't had any issues.  FedEx and USPS are the only two I ever have problems with.

DHL used to be terrible too, but I think they got out of the residential delivery business.

My dad owned a box truck and used to contract for Fedex.  Lets just say they aren't any better to their contractors than they are to their customers.

A couple weeks ago I was getting a TP delivery from Walmart.  Got a notification that my package was delivered.  Went downstairs about 10 minutes later and the Fedex truck pulls up in the driveway, sits there for like 5-10 full minutes and then leaves.  No package.  So obviously they left our package somewhere else and then couldn't find it.

Thankfully the people that received our TP came and dropped it off.  They live a couple miles away.

The sad part is Fedex service is stellar compared to USPS.  My wife's birthday card took almost 2 months to be delivered.

Its my understanding that DHL residential deliveries all get turned over to USPS for final delivery, and they only deliver directly to business addresses now.  I don't recall ever having problems with DHL that I can remember, but I can probably count on one hand the number of times they were ever slated to deliver something to me.

Yes, I do think there are benefits of living < 5 miles from one of those amazon fulfillment centers (I really wish they did tours) - we have gotten items delivered the same day if we order early enough, its crazy..

I wonder how much Revenue UPS / Fed EX have lost due to Amazon having its own drivers? (Obviously not everywhere though) 

One of my amazon orders was delivered usps.  Got the email that package was delivered and “handed to owner”.  Not at my house.  I called local usps to see wtf.  They said driver recalled delivering it but must have been the wrong house.  He picked the package the next day and brought to us....opened!  Was delivered one street over.  Dicks that got it opened it.  Little note inside saying “sorry we didn’t know it wasn’t ours”. FU.  Maybe check the label.   And they could’ve just dropped it by our house.  No problem with usps but another example of people suck.

Last edited by a moderator:
One of my amazon orders was delivered usps.  Got the email that package was delivered and “handed to owner”.  Not at my house.  I called local usps to see wtf.  They said driver recalled delivering it but must have been the wrong house.  He picked the package the next day and brought to us....opened!  Was delivered one street over.  Dicks that got it opened it.  Little note inside saying “sorry we didn’t know it wasn’t ours”. FU.  Maybe check the label.   And they could’ve just dropped it by our house.  No problem with usps but another example of people suck.
They must have realized it wasn’t theirs when the Speedos didn’t fit?  

In the 6-8 times I've gotten a neighbors package, we've accidentally opened it once or twice. We get SO many packages that sometimes we don't think to check. Sometimes there are 5 or 6 packages that we open all at once.

In the 6-8 times I've gotten a neighbors package, we've accidentally opened it once or twice. We get SO many packages that sometimes we don't think to check. Sometimes there are 5 or 6 packages that we open all at once.
Not a valid excuse.  One should always check the label.

yeah legally you can open anything that gets delivered to your house regardless of whose name is on it..

I get so much crap from the previous owners (going on 7 year) that I just put it straight in the trash.. and they still get their 401K bank statements sent to our house.. smh.... 

Back