Sometimes you just need to scream!!!

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry TJ!

Did he bust through the garage door?  We have tons of people in our hood leave the backdoor into the garage unlocked and all summer people have been getting cleaned out - its strange because the behavior usually ends once school starts back up!

I have been meaning to get some Arlo cameras? I think they are totally wireless> Anyone have those..?

I have blink xt which are wireless. He either picked the lock or I missed locking it when I took the trash out Monday. Either way it just sucks. I'm so drained right now. 

Sorry TJ!

Did he bust through the garage door?  We have tons of people in our hood leave the backdoor into the garage unlocked and all summer people have been getting cleaned out - its strange because the behavior usually ends once school starts back up!

I have been meaning to get some Arlo cameras? I think they are totally wireless> Anyone have those..?
If you do the research, it seems like the hardwired cameras are really the way to go, especially if you've got a power source nearby.  I'll be adding two of the Ring floodlight cameras when they go on sale.  Too many break-ins nearby where I live these days.  

well, my garage was broken into this morning, 15 minutes after I left for work. which means he was watching me leave my house. I have clear video of most of his face, and neighborhood people on FB have identified him. The police have all of the video footage before he noticed there was a camera. So far I know he took about $450 worth of tools :(  

I want to go home to make sure everything is ok but I also never want to go home ever again. ever.
Omg. I'm so sorry :( ❤️

If you do the research, it seems like the hardwired cameras are really the way to go, especially if you've got a power source nearby.  I'll be adding two of the Ring floodlight cameras when they go on sale.  Too many break-ins nearby where I live these days.  
just make sure the cameras are high quality. doesn't help to see someone breaking in but they're just a white blob on the night vision. 

just make sure the cameras are high quality. doesn't help to see someone breaking in but they're just a white blob on the night vision. 
That's why I opt for the floodlight cameras.  They can view in night vision, but will also turn on two LED flood lamps with motion detection and then film in 1080p.

So does that mean they got him or is that his rap sheet?
yes he was arrested based on information i provided to the detectives and police dept with the help of neighbors and his sister. i'm so glad he got caught. haven't recovered my stuff yet, but at least he requires over 50k in bail for his release. 

Just caught up on this. Amazing the police actually caught the guy!  I guess cameras are a good investment. 

His last name sounds like something you'd say after you bit your tongue.

Just caught up on this. Amazing the police actually caught the guy!  I guess cameras are a good investment. 
yes. I am glad I had them. Although I probably would have gone through less stress and anxiety and loss of sleep if I hadn't seen his eyes. 

We have Blink cameras and I am pleased with the quality. They were also stupidly easy to set up and install. 
and take down, apparently :(   but I agree. I love them!!! Parents and neighbors have bought sets since I set up mine. and the 2nd gen you can talk thru! and have longer battery life!

and take down, apparently :(   but I agree. I love them!!! Parents and neighbors have bought sets since I set up mine. and the 2nd gen you can talk thru! and have longer battery life!
The talk feature is how I harass my family from work! 

They are owned by Amazon, so I expect big discounts for Black Friday. 

The talk feature is how I harass my family from work! 

They are owned by Amazon, so I expect big discounts for Black Friday. 
they're 20% off right now (or were) and I needed to replace so I just bought now. Might get an indoor one or two on BF 

Client wanted proposal today. Proposal must go through two levels of review with admittedly very busy people. One level was on board and reviewed right away. Still waiting on the other reviewer.  Proposal might not be going out today. Slowly dying inside.

Back