Seals and Stamps

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
S

STLCARDS

For those of you who have your license number and have not purchase your seal and/or stamp www.engineerseals.com is a great place to get them. I ordered mine just before noon on Tuesday and they were delivered to my house yesterday (Thursday). The grand total was $63.46 for a hand embosser, rubber stamp and stamp pad. This seems to be about the going rate.

I got mine from there....showed up on Monday. Got the stamp and seal (they have ink pads here at work that I can "borrow") and I also went ahead and got the eseal.

dang that's nice to see. i have to find out what the admin ordered me, but I will order the eseal just for fun. :read:

I have to question that site. What's stopping me from taking my bosses PE number and sending it to them with his name and having a stamp made?? Do they check to see if the number/name you're sending them is even registered? My company (and others here in FL) go through Florida Engineering Society to get stamps (the metal raised type) and you have to include a copy of your PE certificate for verification.

I just found it odd and unsettling that I (anyone) could send the engineerseals.com site a "number" and "name" to get a seal.

isn't that cool? anyone can be sealing off anything, and we are here, getting degrees and taking exams... if we knew about this before... how much money and time would we have saved?

:google:

I wonder... do they have similar things for lawyers and medics? it'd be nice to sign for a lawyer or a MD (like prescriptions) w/o having to go thru the trouble, hehehe :lmao:

I ordered mine from that site and UPS delivered it to the wrong place. They told me to go door to door and try to find it. I called the main office and flipped out. They lost it on friday, found it and delivered it on Monday. Then, on Monday night UPS called me and said that their driver was back in and that he had lost it again. I proceeded to tell here that I rec'd it and she was shocked. use FedEx :whatever:

This is one of many sites that you can buy stamps and embossing seals. I would not think bogus seals would be a huge problem, but there is the potential. This site in particular does not verify. Someone who needed drawings sealed for say a room addition and they did not want to pay to have it professionally designed could order a seal with a bogus name/number. I guess it is like anything else, there is always someone who will try anything.

This is one of many sites that you can buy stamps and embossing seals. I would not think bogus seals would be a huge problem, but there is the potential. This site in particular does not verify. Someone who needed drawings sealed for say a room addition and they did not want to pay to have it professionally designed could order a seal with a bogus name/number. I guess it is like anything else, there is always someone who will try anything.
So why keep them in business? Order your seal from legitimate businesses that support our profession, not those that attempt to cast a bad light on it.

Do you have other sites where we could order seals that do a legitimate verification of name and number?

I just went to local Staples. $40 for a pre-inked stamp. They did ask for the approval letter, and made a copy of it to send in with request for the stamp.

I put in Friday, and they said I should get it Wednesday to pickup. ;)

7.5% sales tax, $9 service charge, $3 for home delivery?!?
Ouch!
Why would you have it sent to your house anyways?

With the big dollars you are supposedly making now you can afford an additional $2.50 it would cost.....that's not including $3 if you wanted at your house. I just ordered one from enginnerseals.com with my name as PPI SUCKS and number 12345. :cig:

Had to give 30 days notice at my current employer so I am still here. Friday is my last day and I am using the remaining balance of sick and vacation time to take a trip to the Keys over the last week of July. I will have my next employer buy the 2-3/4 reach seal.

it all boils down to similar prices so I'll order from the one that does not require me to have a copy of a paper that I ain't got (yet), since I need to stamp!!! I have been training my arm muscles to press that sucker for side work ;guns;

just like the song says, "I do not want what I haven't got"

Last edited:
Is this really a problem? Are there that many people running around with "fake" stamps? These folks are certainly not working in industry - their companies or clients are most likely checking their registration. The only area I see as a potential problem is the smaller "custom" home builder type contractor. His customers may not know they should check the registration and the local code enforcement does not take the time to check. I just do not see this as a huge problem.

I just found it odd and unsettling that I (anyone) could send the engineerseals.com site a "number" and "name" to get a seal.
Me too. I was surprised when I heard this was the case. I always thought the issuing of seals would be very rigidly controlled and come directly from your state.

Yeah, I know you could get into big trouble falsifying a seal on drawings, and you can look up anyone's number instantly now.

But still, I could just order one, and if all I did was a few little side jobs that didn't attract any attention, probably get away with it. Like a single lot septic system or something.

I ordered mine from engineerseals.com as well. I got the pre-inked stamp. You don't need an ink pad, and it doesn't have any moving parts. Should get here in the next few days.

UPS will probably fuck up my shipping too. They always do. My house fronts a state road, but the driveway access is in the bad along a dinky little unimproved road. I always get a call from them wondering where my house is.

Luckily, the distribution center is 5 minutes from where I work, so I can always pick it up in person.

how do we know that they (engineerseals.com) don't check that the number and name do not correspond since we are pretty much giving them all the info to type it on a state board site and verify that it exists?

how do we know that they (engineerseals.com) don't check that the number and name do not correspond since we are pretty much giving them all the info to type it on a state board site and verify that it exists?
I ordered mine three weeks ago and WV still has not updated their web database so there is no way they could have looked me up.

Back