PE Seal & Stamp

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All said, if (when) I see that coveted green "pass" box on NCEES in December, I'm getting the self-inking cause, see the nice kerplunk comment above! But I also may get an embossing seal cause they just look freaking incredible!
Update: green "pass" box seen, self-inking seal delivered, very satisfying kerplunk sound to test it out! :D 10/10, would recommend.

Also, I was discussing with my manager (who is licensed in over 15 states), what the best state seals are.

Here's my top 5:
1) Pennsylvania - I mean, that keystone look is just sweet!
1647367297295.png
2) Washington - A President's head on it? Has to be top-5 for sure!
1647367320633.png
3) Louisiana - I mean there's a PELICAN! Can't go wrong with that!
1647367363949.png
4) California - A bear on a seal? Awesome!
1647367416250.png
5) Wyoming - The first professional engineer hailed from this great state, plus there's a cowboy on it!
1647367440550.png

Also, I was discussing with my manager (who is licensed in over 15 states), what the best state seals are.

Here's my top 5:
View attachment 27244
View attachment 27245
View attachment 27246
View attachment 27247
5) Wyoming - The first professional engineer hailed from this great state, plus there's a cowboy on it!
View attachment 27248
Louisiana represent! :)

I will say, the pelican looks much better online than in person. There's a lot of fine detail in the pelican design that you can't really make out when you actually stamp something. It looks about like it does in the "zoomed out" version of the image above... as opposed to the full resolution. That being said, I still love it way more than a lot of states' boring stamps with just text in a circle.

I have always found it unusual that Wyoming was the first State to issue the PE.
That being said, I learned 40 years ago from a very senior PE that when he obtained his Michigan license he only needed to drive to the State Capital with his College Diploma, sign his name in a Ledger Book, and pay $5. This might have been in the 1940's, maybe earlier. Boy have things changed!

Here's my top 5:
View attachment 27244
View attachment 27245
View attachment 27246
View attachment 27247
View attachment 27248
Gotta love Washington.... not only do we have a pretty awesome stamp, but we are one of the states that don't require continuing education. 😇🤣

Heads up to all Michigan License holders. Michigan Dept of Licensing changed the requirements for PE Seals / Stamps effective today. All licensees must obtain a compliant Stamp / Seal within 24 months.
That deadline is before my current license expires!
The new design is even less impressive than the old design, but requires inclusion of our expanded ten digit license number rather than the former five digit number, eventhough the last 5 digits of the new number matches the old 5 digit number.

Back