SE April 2022 Exam Results Thread

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maybe there’s some issue they are sorting out, like a testing irregularity. And maybe everyone will have to retest…. This is the worst-case scenarios my mind explores.

They are probably preparing their financials......buying highly leveraged call options on booze companies. They foresee a spike in demand. Results will be out Friday.

How many actaully waiting for exam results think they passed vs think they failed?

I think i Aced the PM but failed the AM Vertical :(
Exactly, I don't know of any mistakes I made in the PM but pretty sure lost about 15 questions (took my chances) in the morning. If the 70% average is a thing I'll need over 80% in the PM? What do you think?

Exactly, I don't know of any mistakes I made in the PM but pretty sure lost about 15 questions (took my chances) in the morning. If the 70% average is a thing I'll need over 80% in the PM? What do you think?
I *think* I did pretty well on the AM. I was able to get through 35 questions before running out of time which in my experience is pretty good (third time taking lateral). But I think I missed several parts on the PM Masonry question because I was running out of time and I think I messed up the whole checking the drift part. I also am pretty sure I totally did not answer 1 part on the first steel question. I have previously ran out of time on a question and just wrote "ran out of time" on the last 2 parts and still got acceptable on that question.

I DO NOT WANT TO WAIT TILL FRIDAY! Who can hack in this group? Can we call Benji Dunn from the Mission Impossible and have him hack for us? I like that dude. haha

The morning and afternoon BOTH have to be passed to pass, unlike the PE where the AM & PM are combined.

The morning and afternoon BOTH have to be passed to pass, unlike the PE where the AM & PM are combined.
But if you do a little better on the AM you can do a little worse on the PM, but there are still minimums for both that have to be passed. This from a helpful NCEES employee email.

I *think* I did pretty well on the AM. I was able to get through 35 questions before running out of time which in my experience is pretty good (third time taking lateral). But I think I missed several parts on the PM Masonry question because I was running out of time and I think I messed up the whole checking the drift part. I also am pretty sure I totally did not answer 1 part on the first steel question. I have previously ran out of time on a question and just wrote "ran out of time" on the last 2 parts and still got acceptable on that question.
I'm pretty sure that if you get one "Not Acceptable" regardless of the AM you fail. Is one of the questions in Building PM 50%? (it is the case in the bridge). That 50% question in PM is a must have at least in bridge.

But if you do a little better on the AM you can do a little worse on the PM, but there are still minimums for both that have to be passed. This from a helpful NCEES employee email.
so it is kind of combined I guess.

There must be some minimums but they may somehow look at both AM and PM combined. I think if you are above average on one and below average on the other you might have a chance. I think one thing that is a must is no "Not Acceptable" in the afternoon, especially the 50% one.

I'm pretty sure that if you get one "Not Acceptable" regardless of the AM you fail. Is one of the questions in Building PM 50%? (it is the case in the bridge). That 50% question in PM is a must have at least in bridge.
Yes the thought is if you get a "Unacceptable" then it is an automatic fail, but we don't really know that for sure because we don't see the passing grades. For example if you got 38/40 in the morning maybe you could still get an Unacceptable on 1 question and pass. We just don't know.

There are 4 equal length PM questions for buildings.

There must be some minimums but they may somehow look at both AM and PM combined. I think if you are above average on one and below average on the other you might have a chance. I think one thing that is a must is no "Not Acceptable" in the afternoon, especially the 50% one.
From what I hear even a single unacceptable on one of the problems in PM is sufficient to fail.

I wonder if you ask NCEES chat about the results on Friday the response would be "The results will be released this week but I don't have a day" haha

always fun to explain the SE exam to people and have them not believe that they will make you wait 6-8 weeks for results. "but that's horrible"

Yes. It is. That's the point.

Back