SE April 2022 Exam Results Thread

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They want you to suffer for 8-10 weeks and then throw a big F at your face to go through gruessome study period and then another 10 weeks after that. Those lucky to pass escape this wrath.

I registered through CA Board. What comes first? an email from NCEES, an email from the board, or your account just updates?

I registered through CA Board. What comes first? an email from NCEES, an email from the board, or your account just updates?
This is what you usually get.

1655232310286.png

BTW i noticed they never asked us to do a survey?

Honestly I don't understand why it takes so long for NCEES to grade the tests. It is complete crap. Especially when it comes to the flipping scantron. They shouldn't be waiting 6 weeks to grade the afternoon section. Especially when we are paying them 500 plus bucks to take one of the exams.
well, they do need to figure out how many people they can allow to pass while keeping enough income from people re-taking the exam.

Yeah if no state has recieved anything, it's not today. See you all tmr again for another round of fun.

You'll get an email from NCEES when the results are out. I took and passed the SE vertical component last fall, but I did not hear from the CA Board. My guess is that after you pass both vertical and lateral, you'll get an email from the CA Board a week or two after passing both exams. At least that was the procedure back in 2017 when I got my PE.

The 2nd time has to be easier. I don't get why the 2nd time pass rates are lower though.
It is not easier second time, other than you know what you are looking at.
People don't change study habits. I also think they tend to focus on what they did poorly on, and that might not show up the next time around. (Says me, 4x taker, 0x passer, so far)

It is not easier second time, other than you know what you are looking at.
People don't change study habits. I also think they tend to focus on what they did poorly on, and that might not show up the next time around. (Says me, 4x taker, 0x passer, so far)
****. I admire your perseverance.

How close have you been? one at a time? Both at the time?

****. I admire your perseverance.

How close have you been? one at a time? Both at the time?
The first two times I took both, then decided that was dumb. I struggle with the AM (mostly in time management, I am slow in finding the right procedure) and have been all over the board in the afternoons, manage to screw up one of them each time, never the same type though.

Honestly I don't understand why it takes so long for NCEES to grade the tests. It is complete crap. Especially when it comes to the flipping scantron. They shouldn't be waiting 6 weeks to grade the afternoon section. Especially when we are paying them 500 plus bucks to take one of the exams
NCEES is a total piece of **** really. I mean, if the PE exam is online now then why wait 2 months before grading the exams? PE exam makes enough money for them as there are many candidates every term but the SE exam has fewer people so the exam is costlier and the pass rates are half compared to PE exams. This is a scam and not a licensing test. 24% pass rate for the SE lateral last October. The people who grade or prepare the questions are very proud of themselves, I am sure.

I am so ready to FAIL the lateral but I need to know so I can start the grind all over again. :devilish:

I’m not waiting on S.E. Results right now, but was this time last year after taking both and failing both rather fantastically.

I get how annoying it is to wait for NCEES to release the results. I really do think it is within their power to do something about that — but I wouldn’t count on them changing their ways before they make the huge change of switching this exam to CBT in a couple of years.

As for the passing rates — I struggle with my opinion on those. I struggle because I do think both of the exams are unrealistic and plenty of well-qualified, intelligent, responsible engineers do not pass, one, the other, or both.

On the other hand, I do not want these exams to be easy. They need to be challenging. I sure as heck wouldn’t want everyone who thinks they should be a licensed structural engineer out there just taking an exam that’s a walk in the park. The exams do honestly uphold a certain amount of integrity for the entire profession.

Hopefully it’s not long now, everyone!

FYI...
I just did some screenshots from the previous posts. Not sure about the accuracy...
View attachment 28053
View attachment 28054
^All those April release dates were on Fridays.^

April 2014 released on Jun 13 (Friday)
April 2013 released on Jun 13 (Thursday)
April 2012 released on Jun 24 (Thursday)
April 2011 released on Jun 29 (Wednesday)

The takeaway here is that every April SE exam since April 2014 has had the initial release on a Friday. Why? I have no idea. But seven-in-a-row is probably not a coincidence. Could this cycle be different? Sure. But I'm not sure I'd bet money on it.

How many actaully waiting for exam results think they passed vs think they failed?

I think i Aced the PM but failed the AM Vertical :(

^All those April release dates were on Fridays.^

April 2014 released on Jun 13 (Friday)
April 2013 released on Jun 13 (Thursday)
April 2012 released on Jun 24 (Thursday)
April 2011 released on Jun 29 (Wednesday)

The takeaway here is that every April SE exam since April 2014 has had the initial release on a Friday. Why? I have no idea. But seven-in-a-row is probably not a coincidence. Could this cycle be different? Sure. But I'm not sure I'd bet money on it.
You evil man... Why did you have to burst our bubbles...? I don't think I can wait till Friday!

Back