Random Topics 3.1

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yes. I just got a stomach-ache reading that. lol 

The most wild and crazy I can get with fast food is eating nuggets from chik fil a with no sauce. Anything else, and it's tums-city for me. As for the sweets, I might have a cupcake per quarter and I'm pretty picky about quality. No box cakes...no store bought cakes (except Costco and Wegman's - I'll take a shot of pepto for that). My tolerance isn't what it used to be.
I do like cookies, basic cookies, but pastries and cakes kinda kill me now since I don't eat them anymore (unless it is a special occasion).  Fast food is def killing me.  Taco Bell might be one of the only fast food places that don't kill my stomach because I can: portion control/have a smaller amount and nobody judges, and the actual ingredients aren't too crazy/greasy?  Like I can get more veggies or a power bowl if I want to go ultra kinda healthy?

Corned beef is the one food I love so much that always hurts me.  I will never change my ways.

As for the glasses thing...the fogginess might be the fibers from the paper towel getting 'stuck' when you clean.  Alcohol wipes combines with a microfiber rag is how I clean my glasses.  Also, not sure if you glasses have any protective coatings or anything like that?

EDIT - YOU MENTIONED COSTCO AND WEGMANS, MY TWO FAVORITE STORES.

Last edited by a moderator:
As for the glasses thing...the fogginess might be the fibers from the paper towel getting 'stuck' when you clean.  Alcohol wipes combines with a microfiber rag is how I clean my glasses.  Also, not sure if you glasses have any protective coatings or anything like that?
Ooooh now that makes sense. Thank you

Congrats, you are the first person in history to argue in favor of the digestive ramifications of Taco Bell.

In my "work" happy place. Blanket across my lap with hot ginger tumeric tea. Space heater on. Door closed. On a telecon and on mute. Technically, I'm working but I'm so cozy.
That sounds lovely! Certainly better than my current situation: Ear plugs, hard hat, safety gear, carharts and flannel. Not cozy at all!

That sounds lovely! Certainly better than my current situation: Ear plugs, hard hat, safety gear, carharts and flannel. Not cozy at all!
Yeah... those days are gone for me. Or few and far between. I go on "executive walks" now. I think I could call up an inspector to take me out in a non-official manner but I'll wait until the weather warms up. 

Yeah... those days are gone for me. Or few and far between. I go on "executive walks" now. I think I could call up an inspector to take me out in a non-official manner but I'll wait until the weather warms up. 
Makes sense. Honestly though, I’m not sure if I’d trade my current situation for anything else; I love what I do.

In my "work" happy place. Blanket across my lap with hot ginger tumeric tea. Space heater on. Door closed. On a telecon and on mute. Technically, I'm working but I'm so cozy.
 That sound suuuuper cozy! I started drinking tea at work and it has been a nice treat to look forward to in the afternoon. I miss having an office 😞

The senior leader in my office talked about moving two more people to my cube pod. I hope she doesn't. It's nice and quiet over here.

That sound suuuuper cozy! I started drinking tea at work and it has been a nice treat to look forward to in the afternoon. I miss having an office 😞

The senior leader in my office talked about moving two more people to my cube pod. I hope she doesn't. It's nice and quiet over here.
I get really excited when folks from my cube pod are missing. It's quiet and people leave me alone. I like when people in the next pod over are gone too since they're louder than my pod & one of them is my PM who doesn't believe in IMs so he's constantly walking over & interrupting me. 

I get really excited when folks from my cube pod are missing. It's quiet and people leave me alone. I like when people in the next pod over are gone too since they're louder than my pod & one of them is my PM who doesn't believe in IMs so he's constantly walking over & interrupting me. 
I'm lucky, the people on the other side of the pod are quiet. Except when one of them gets on the phone.  He's older so he yells.

The rest of the people in my pod are on a long term project so I've only met one of them.

Avoiding showers helps in getting an isolated cubicle. 

Sounds nice to have human interaction. 😭 I'm behind locked doors that only a few have access to. I share the office with one other guy, but he's in the field 1/2 the time.

I'm lucky, the people on the other side of the pod are quiet. Except when one of them gets on the phone.  He's older so he yells.

The rest of the people in my pod are on a long term project so I've only met one of them.
My PM is loud on the phone. And in the car. And in conference rooms. And when he's in my cube. And he's only a few years older than I. I told him twice in one conversation this morning to bring the volume down 

My PM is loud on the phone. And in the car. And in conference rooms. And when he's in my cube. And he's only a few years older than I. I told him twice in one conversation this morning to bring the volume down 
Yeah some people are like that. I have a good friend who's my age but will be the loudest guy in the bar.

Sounds nice to have human interaction. 😭 I'm behind locked doors that only a few have access to. I share the office with one other guy, but he's in the field 1/2 the time.
At least you don't have to worry about sick coworkers. 

But I agree. That's one of the reason I go to my office even though I could work from home.

Latest posts

Back