Post here if you passed

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Passed in my first attempt with 14 days of hard study. Scored 90.

what does the score 90 mean.

It means you scored 72 out of 80 questions correct, which means you barely passed.  Any more incorrect and you might have had to study for at least three weeks to do better your second time.

Last edited by a moderator:

Congrats for passing the test. By the way, where in the world a score of 90 has been reported? Did anybody else who passed got a score other than PASS?

Congrats for passing the test. By the way, where in the world a score of 90 has been reported? Did anybody else who passed got a score other than PASS?
Some states (Texas for one, not sure of any others) provide a score for those that pass as well as those that fail.

8 to 10 weeks before we get our licence. Geezzz....this whole PE thing with the studying, the exam, the results, and getting a seal is close to a one year process. When I took the GC test they run your answer sheet in a back room right after the test and give you your results. Crazy!

Texas Board. Civil (Structural Depth). 79% Yay!!!
What was the strategy / plan you used to pass civil / structural depth? Any particular material you used? How many questions you got correct in AM & PM? Can you please help me? I am desperate to pass Civil / Structural depth.

@xtinabellina

congrats...i am hoping good outcomes..for my power test ,next week Tuesday from MO board..it sux when results from other states are out but yours...i remember after the test i kind of had the same feelings about the test as you mentioned on a post..now since you passsed ..it gives me some hope ):
yea I definitely went through the roller coaster emotions of feeling ok, feeling like I failed, then feeling totally uncertain, so maybe there is something to be said about our initial post-exam gut feelings.  for me, I left the exam site not wanting to drive my car into a tree so if you didn't feel totally hopeless, too, you probably have a much better chance of having passed than you realize!!!   please let us know when you find out!!!!!   :)  

side note: I've been trolling around various threads/forums trying to see where the majority stands on the use of "PE" vs. "P.E.".... I'm somewhat undecided, though I may be leaning more towards "PE"

Last edited by a moderator:
Passed the Chemical PE in Texas. Score 92.0.

Been out of school for 10 years. surprised I passed first try!

@xtinabellina, I'm going with "PE" instead of "P.E." I decided this because the local chapter of the NSPE lists their past presidents using "PE" without the "."

@xtinabellina, I'm going with "PE" instead of "P.E." I decided this because the local chapter of the NSPE lists their past presidents using "PE" without the "."
yea I agree with you guys.... I always had "EIT" at the end of my name, seems "PE" would just keep things consistent!   @matt267 PE:  congrats to you, too, btw!!!!!  feels fucking great doesn't it?

Back