Post here if you passed

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well let me reiterate , I failed the PE exam first time around in April horribly. especially in plant design and experience questions. I had to buckle down and make a binder about experience based questions, codes and test and  not think about solving questions like I did in colleges or for EIT . It was a completely different approach . I had work, I had active projects and on the side I was studying for the exam .. So to say it's silly or to say sacrifice was not made is incredibly outrageous. Plenty of sacrifice was made, my life was basically on hold. 

Colorado results in, Passed Mechanical F&T, 1st try, I almost crapped with joy! 

i don't think the exam is a good test of practical knowledge honestly. they should try and craft it more like the PMP where you are given situational questions and need to pick the best choice out of the group of answers. 
Totally agree.  I've worked as a mechanical engineer for 17 years and so little of my work experience related to any of the test material it was laughable, honestly.  I'm not sure what they're trying to measure, actually.  I will say this, the prep DOES make you revisit everything you learned in school...

Passed Civil W&R in Montana!  So relieved/excited!  Congrats to everyone else who has passed!

I passed E&C Power in MA on my second try. Congratulations to all who passed, and to those who didn't, keep your head up.

Totally agree.  I've worked as a mechanical engineer for 17 years and so little of my work experience related to any of the test material it was laughable, honestly.  I'm not sure what they're trying to measure, actually.  I will say this, the prep DOES make you revisit everything you learned in school...
The biggest benefits for me were:

1) Relearning stuff from college which NOW makes a lot more sense and I now realize that its important to know (geotech & structures esp)

2) Learned new skills and topics during studying which I did not have exposure to before (shoring/reshoring, mass/haul diagrams, classifying soils, design of formwork)

I really felt like it helped me become a better engineer. I think I understood why I use certain assumptions in my work and also helped give me a better understanding of... well just why things are the way they are. I understand why, even if jobs don't require stamped drawings, they want engineers with the PE. It shows ability to focus towards a goal and understand engineering principles even years after learning them in college. 

Passed Electrical Power-1st timer.. such great feelings! 

Thanks everybody on the forum. it has been really great help on this forum. 

yea I definitely went through the roller coaster emotions of feeling ok, feeling like I failed, then feeling totally uncertain, so maybe there is something to be said about our initial post-exam gut feelings.  for me, I left the exam site not wanting to drive my car into a tree so if you didn't feel totally hopeless, too, you probably have a much better chance of having passed than you realize!!!   please let us know when you find out!!!!!   :)  

side note: I've been trolling around various threads/forums trying to see where the majority stands on the use of "PE" vs. "P.E.".... I'm somewhat undecided, though I may be leaning more towards "PE"
Hello there,

thx for your support..Finally got the results. I PASSED! ..

I would go for "PE" instead of P.E

Hello there,

thx for your support..Finally got the results. I PASSED! ..

I would go for "PE" instead of P.E
Congrats mub220. To expand on what you said; I believe P.E. is the old way of listing it. PE is the more modern way. So if you are a Baby Boomer - go with P.E.

If you are a Millennial, go with PE.

If you are Gen X - well; we don't have a special name like the Millennials and Baby Boomers. What can I say? Maybe we are the lost generation of the 20th century.

I'm gonna go with "PE" I think, even though I like the look of the P.E. 

....and yes, I've checked NCEES probably 1/2 dozen times today, still says "pass", I'm still beside myself with joy! 

Back