PE Seal & Stamp

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Last edited:
Obligatory:

I want Maryland to allow this:

4945-cbe44e3c101366dc34102ae7b9ca1c2f.jpg

Some dude got kicked out of a testing facility on account of they were wearing a fitbit inside and NCEES got worried they were going to cheat with it by recording stuff, etc.
I have a GPS watch, so technically not a smart watch so it's "legal" by NCEES definition, but I didn't want to take a chance. Not knowing whether a clock would be inside the testing room and it being my first P/P attempt, I brought the only other watch I have, a mechanical Invicta (It was a gift; I'm not really into watches, or jewelry for that matter). I failed the exam and considered the watch bad luck after that. I took the watch out and wore it the day after I found out I passed the CBT since the curse had been lifted.

I have a GPS watch, so technically not a smart watch so it's "legal" by NCEES definition, but I didn't want to take a chance. Not knowing whether a clock would be inside the testing room and it being my first P/P attempt, I brought the only other watch I have, a mechanical Invicta (It was a gift; I'm not really into watches, or jewelry for that matter). I failed the exam and considered the watch bad luck after that. I took the watch out and wore it the day after I found out I passed the CBT since the curse had been lifted.
I think technically anything with a gps would be considered a smart watch. I figure it like this: if there is any remote possibility of a connection with anyone or anything outside the exam room, that piece of equipment is illegal and should not be brought in.

I know that the guy behind me this time around had a smart watch, a phone, and multiple pens, pencils, and erasers with him and he had to put everything up on the front table with the proctor. But he made like 4 trips cause he kept saying "Oh, I have this too."

Like how hard is it to read the rules and just leave everything but your books and a calculator at home?

So nobody has this number?
View attachment 23935

Everyone I know uses one of these!
I have this one. I don't plan to use it unless I'm signing off for another perspective PE candidate. I don't do any design work. I manage the people who manage the people who manage the people who stamp drawings.

I got mine from Acorn as I saw the 30% off promo code banner here. I forget exactly which one i bought but the free digital seals was a nice bonus. And they send them in a few formats (.dxf, pdf, jpg and i think one more) so you can just plop it however needed.

Wait- you all DON'T have PDH requirements?

Nope, at this point I think the BPELSG couldn’t handle it! I think we’re close to (if not surpassing) 100k civil engineers. Granted, that’s since they started registering them, but still, it would be a massive requirement. Of course, I will never say never!

Latest posts

Back