PA Results?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does anyone know if it's "permitted" to add the PE to your work title prior to the PA state board issuing the license officially? Is the NCEES official exam PASS result sufficient enough? I'm just thinking of what happened last year in PA...

Does anyone know if it's "permitted" to add the PE to your work title prior to the PA state board issuing the license officially? Is the NCEES official exam PASS result sufficient enough? I'm just thinking of what happened last year in PA...
I would wait until you get your license number.

Ha, I was already scolded for not putting PE on my title, so I changed it already.

Does anyone know how long it typically takes PA to provide the license numbers and official notification? It seemed like PA did it fairly quickly after the release of the October 2014 results (barring the issue they had). I know the state board's website says within 30 days, so I guess I should just be patient, haha.

One would think that licensing PA residents would be a priority over the non-resident aliens. But I guess not.

Thanks for the heads up...see my name with license number now listed!

FYI, does anybody's license list an expiration date of 9/30/2015?

Thanks for the heads up...see my name with license number now listed!

FYI, does anybody's license list an expiration date of 9/30/2015?
They probably all do. Doesn't PA renew in September of odd years?

Apparently the licenses are being sent to print. We should receive them within 10 business days.

Apparently the licenses are being sent to print. We should receive them within 10 business days.
So even though you just got your results, you're going to receive your license as much as 2 months before MA issues them. They told us it can take up to 3 months to get ours because the board only meets once per month and they need to sign them all.

So even though you just got your results, you're going to receive your license as much as 2 months before MA issues them. They told us it can take up to 3 months to get ours because the board only meets once per month and they need to sign them all.
No board meeting necessary in PA to issue license numbers and wall certificates.

No board meeting necessary in PA to issue license numbers and wall certificates.
We got our license numbers, just no certificates for a while apparently. PCS had to print them, then mail them to the Board, then they get signed when the Board gets around to it.

Well, I guess PA is slower in some aspects and faster in others. It all works out in the end.

Back