CA seismic tests results March 2023

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Unfortunately, I did not pass seismic. For those who also didn't pass - you have until April 14 to reschedule for this Quarter if you would like! We'll get 'em next time.... Congrats to everyone who passed!
You got this! What resources did you use to study?

Phew! Passed the second one. Does anyone know how long would it take until they issue a license number?
Typically 2-3 weeks. I've heard of someone who got theirs within a week or so. They usually issue license numbers on Fridays, so my guess is next Friday, the 21st?

For those who passed: Do you have any advice to those of us studying? I'm registered to take the exam in 4 1/2 weeks. I'm using AEI's study courses. Dr. Ibrahim is a great instructor and he does well to break the topics down into digestible pieces, but I'm feeling overwhelmed by the amount of content that the exam covers.

For those who passed: Do you have any advice to those of us studying? I'm registered to take the exam in 4 1/2 weeks. I'm using AEI's study courses. Dr. Ibrahim is a great instructor and he does well to break the topics down into digestible pieces, but I'm feeling overwhelmed by the amount of content that the exam covers.
I decided to use Steven Hiner's course instead of AEI. There are still a lot of videos, but the amount of supplemental material he offers to bring into the exam saved me a lot of time. As for a study plan, I watched all of the videos within the month before my scheduled exam time and then the week before, took as many practice exams as I could. I kept getting roughly 80% correct on the practice tests which seemed to prepare me enough for the real thing. Good luck!

I took AEI and I had the same overwhelming feeling because I felt like I wasn't doing enough practice problems with the amount of lectures I had to watch, but as long as you make yourself a study schedule and stick to it, do the homework/workshop problems in the order that Dr. Ibhrahim suggests, and by the end just take practice exams over and over, you'll be ready.

My biggest advice is to make cheat sheets that work for you, this will save you so much time. If you find yourself flipping to the same table, value lookup, equations, notes, etc multiple times during your practice exams and they are in different parts of your workbook, copy those into your cheat sheet. All the tips and tricks that Dr. Ibrahim mentions in his videos but aren't in the workbook went into my cheat sheet.

Back