P90X

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Greeeeat. The leg ones are what I'm worried about, since my knees are bad, and my hips have a tendency to pop out quite a bit (I was having some trouble with that in the leg lift exercises from the Ab Ripper). MIAF was laughing as I walked about the house last evening with two bags of frozen corn tucked in my pants. I'm a bit concerned about this evening's exercises, mostly because I can barely move. In fact, I could barely lift my arms high enough to reach the steering wheel this morning.

Don't worry too much. It'll all be better in 90 days.

In all seriousness, day 2 (plyo) won't be any easier than day 1. In fact, it will most likely be worse. My advice is to get through the workout in whatever fashion you can. Modify the moves, if need be, but do them regardless. Make sure your legs are warmed up before starting. ;)

Greeeeat. The leg ones are what I'm worried about, since my knees are bad, and my hips have a tendency to pop out quite a bit (I was having some trouble with that in the leg lift exercises from the Ab Ripper). MIAF was laughing as I walked about the house last evening with two bags of frozen corn tucked in my pants. I'm a bit concerned about this evening's exercises, mostly because I can barely move. In fact, I could barely lift my arms high enough to reach the steering wheel this morning.
It was I who defined Plyo so eloquently. To be honest, I found Plyo harder on the cardio side than I did on the legs side. Now, Legs and Back is a different story. The wall squats, especially one-legged, will make you want to lop them off instead of doing the next set.

You are going to be sore as all hell for at least the first two weeks. But the only way you will get ANY relief from the soreness is to do the next workout. Then you will be less sore until you wake up the next morning. There were days that I couldn't walk down stairs or wipe my own ass. Good times.

It was I who defined Plyo so eloquently. To be honest, I found Plyo harder on the cardio side than I did on the legs side. Now, Legs and Back is a different story. The wall squats, especially one-legged, will make you want to lop them off instead of doing the next set.

You are going to be sore as all hell for at least the first two weeks. But the only way you will get ANY relief from the soreness is to do the next workout. Then you will be less sore until you wake up the next morning. There were days that I couldn't walk down stairs or wipe my own ass. Good times.
I was almost at that point last night. I was borderline a) calling MIAF to wipe for me, or B) stripping a paper towel roll down to almost the tube, and using it in a "flossing" motion.

I suppose there's always the "manpon" approach.

I'm literally laughing out loud.

I'm on week 8 of P90X.

I HATE HATE HATE push ups and pull ups. After a couple sets of either I have to fall back to the "easy" way (knees/chair).

Contrary to most, I kinda like Plyometrics. I've always loved racquetball and must me naturally predisposed to jumping around.

The legs part of legs and back is tolerable too. I actually prefer the 1-leg wall sit over the 2-leg one because every 10 seconds the burning goes away for half a second while you change legs.

Ab ripper X makes me want to die.

I can't wait for this crap to be over with. I'm just not the kind of guy who gets a rush out of working out.

I can't wait for it to be over with myself, but I think I'm going to have to repeat it. I don't get a workout rush by any means, but I refuse to be the fat guy at the wedding.

Oh boy. You're only two days into it and already can't wait for it to be over AND you plan on doing it twice. Easy there, chopper. You still have another 88 days to get through.

I don't call it P90x, I call it PlifetimeX. Why stop? There's no reason to stop!

I like making hottie chicks at the beach faint after gazing at my magnificence and having Adonis compared to me, but back to back servings of P90X would be brutal. I'm all about maintaining because there is no way my body could be any more awesome anyway. :p

does the program recommend a time of day or jsut whenever you can get the time in each day? Mr snick has been trying to motivate himself to workout int he morning, but the basement is a little too cold that early in the morning. After work would liekly work best.

I've been tempted just to buy him the p90x so he can do that upstairs...the bike he got for xmas in 2009 got used for a couple months like i predicted now just sits and collects dust.

Any time of the day is fine. My only issue with the morning is that I'm less flexible than in the afternoon. And working out in a cold room may be beneficial as he'll be sweating his ass off.

does the program recommend a time of day or jsut whenever you can get the time in each day? Mr snick has been trying to motivate himself to workout int he morning, but the basement is a little too cold that early in the morning. After work would liekly work best.
I've been tempted just to buy him the p90x so he can do that upstairs...the bike he got for xmas in 2009 got used for a couple months like i predicted now just sits and collects dust.
I bet it makea a great coat rack!

I bet it makea a great coat rack!
not tall enough...its one of those recumbant (sp?) styles that has magnets in for the resistance. I tried using it after it was put it together but it tore my knees up.

Well, completed day three so far, and it's evident that I really overdid things on day one. My triceps and the front of my shoulders hurt so badly, I can't close my arm even half way, and things like rolling over in bed is pure agony. I think I paced myself better on the ab and plyo routines, as my abs and legs are very sore, but not to the extent that I need a wheelchair to move around.

Like will mentioned above, the only relief I've gotten so far is starting the next workout. Once your body warms up and the first few motions stretch you out, the soreness subsides quite a bit. However, staying still for one of the 30 or 45 second mini breaks is enough to stiffen you up again, so when they tell you to keep moving during your breaks, they mean it.

I begin p90x this Friday. Kind of looking forward to it and hope I can keep it up. Only thing right now is that work is really busy and I have some travel coming up.

I found a spreadsheet that helps you track your progress and set up some goals. To get my BMI into the "normal weight range", it puts my target weigh loss in the 20+ lb range. Not sure if that is going to happen, but I wouldn't mind losing 10 lb or so.

Back