P90X

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
P90x and Insanity aren't new moves. They're just using existing moves in a different order.

There's only so many ways to do a push-up or lunges...

LadyFox has some of the Jillian Michaels workouts and a lot of the techniques she does are eerily similar to P90x and Insanity.

The gym also lends out the videos to use if you rent a workout room from them.

True, though. A push-up is a push-up.
I disagree. Tiger pushups, you know the tricep intense ones where you form a diamond with your thumb and index fingers... they're completely different then the prison pushups, where you only focus on chest by going a 1/3rd of the way down.

My point is that all of the push-up types shown in p90x aren't original or developed by Tony Horton. I had done every pushup from that workout before p90x existed, just not all of them within the same workout...

Has anyone tried Supreme 90, it's newer than p90x and a LOT cheaper...I had p90x a couple of years ago when I did that and really liked it but no longer had the dvd's. It uses weights and a ball instead of the resistance bands. I bought it last week because I want to start working out in the basement and did disk 1 last night with my 11 yr old son. It was a great workout, but we'll see how the series goes...it was only like $10 + shipping on Amazon compared to $120 for p90x, so I thought what the h3ll!

Back