October 2021 Post Exam Wait Period - Welcome to the Suck

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
RI is out. Passed!! Third time really was the charm. Definitely would not have survived without this group. To any one who didn't pass this time around don't give up! I
Failed second go at it and worked practice problems until I couldn’t write anymore. Over 1200 problems. So what does it take to pass this **** thing. What did you do 3rd time? Congrats btw many of us are jealous!

Well, I finally found the gumption to check my score and I PASSED!!!! PE Civil Transportation!

This was my second try, and I felt no better about this attempt than I did my first when I got 44/80. I really didn't enjoy reading all the posts of folks who passed 6 months ago, but let this post be one that proves you can do it! Try try again!

No need to be embarrassed - many of us here, myself included, failed multiple times. That exam is hard af. Some people get it the first try, but a lot don't. You are not alone <3
I feel your pain. Failed also felt good about it but sometimes no news is better than bad news. This afternoon was extremely depressing and hard to hide from friends and family.

Anyone have a suggestion on how long to wait before taking the CBT civil after my second fail today?

And no SE results yet.....
There's an interesting pattern to the SE release dates wrt scoring session for Oct 2014-2018

https://engineerboards.com/threads/...period-welcome-to-the-suck.34504/post-7599855
The SE would come out two Monday's after the scoring workshop in even numbered years, and the following Friday on odd numbered years. It broke the pattern on 2019 by releasing on Dec 12, 2019 - two Monday's afterwards.

We can toss out the Oct 2020 datapoint due to Covid stuff.

If the old patterns remain then perhaps a SE release on either Dec 10 or 13 this year.

Anyone have a suggestion on how long to wait before taking the CBT civil after my second fail today?
Depends on a lot of factors.

When are they offering the first CE CBT exam? January or April?

If it's April, and you think you're close then you should register for the first possible exam. Take a short break for the holidays, start studying hard with the supplied PDF reference in early January and kicks its ass the day it comes out in April.

If it's January then you may want to wait a few months. Unless you've been studying hard with the PDF reference since early-November and your recent score feels like a near-pass then you may not be ready for the exam come early January.

Regardless, future examinees should be very familiar and comfortable with the PDF reference(s) before they go into the CBT exam.

I know I personally wouldn't be ready to make the sudden shift from books to PDFs. Even for work I still use my old worn and trusted books to look things up, despite that it may be faster to use google or an electronic source.

Depends on a lot of factors.

When are they offering the first CE CBT exam? January or April?

If it's April, and you think you're close then you should register for the first possible exam. Take a short break for the holidays, start studying hard with the supplied PDF reference in early January and kicks its ass the day it comes out in April.

If it's January then you may want to wait a few months. Unless you've been studying hard with the PDF reference since early-November and your recent score feels like a near-pass then you may not be ready for the exam come early January.

Regardless, future examinees should be very familiar and comfortable with the PDF reference(s) before they go into the CBT exam.

I know I personally wouldn't be ready to make the sudden shift from books to PDFs. Even for work I still use my old worn and trusted books to look things up, despite that it may be faster to use google or an electronic source.
Thanks very insightful!

The last few sessions they started informing the chat people that they released (or were in process of) the results. Not a great sign for it happening today.
Alright, assuming this isn't a false alarm things are about to get hectic. Give me a few minutes to get everything together
First one was a 10:43, second one at 10:53.
What a difference 10 minutes makes!

Back