October 2021 Post Exam Wait Period - Welcome to the Suck

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It took 627 posts and 32 pages for Oct 2020 to get their results.

It took over 150 pages for Oct 2019 to get their results. Also, my lord, those people were assholes about it in that thread! My brain hurts just reading some of their messages.

Also, WHAT IF our NCEES dashboards don't change before they start releasing results this time? And they like found a new way to do it so that our dashboard doesn't change UNTIL they update it to show the pass/fail? And we just are like surprised and have no idea at all that it's coming? Wouldn't that be crazy?

All of a sudden someone from the first state that releases is like "I got my results!" and we'll be like "you're lying! fake!" BUT it's not. I mean, we'd know it's legit if a few people from the same state(s) start saying they got their results and showed receipts, and then we'd know we'd be getting ours soon, if we weren't among the first to get notified. But it'd still be crazy.

Also, WHAT IF our NCEES dashboards don't change before they start releasing results this time? And they like found a new way to do it so that our dashboard doesn't change UNTIL they update it to show the pass/fail? And we just are like surprised and have no idea at all that it's coming? Wouldn't that be crazy?
How does the dashboard change to indicate that results are going to be released?

How does the dashboard change to indicate that results are going to be released?
The date taken currently says "October 22, 2021"...in the past the dashboard would change and the date will say "October, 2021". Sometimes this change happened the day before results released, or the morning of. But if IIRC in April it changed like over a week (maybe even 2+ weeks) before results were released, so we all thought they were coming like the next day, and then they didn't....and then they didn't come the next day...or the next.....

The date taken currently says "October 22, 2021"...in the past the dashboard would change and the date will say "October, 2021". Sometimes this change happened the day before results released, or the morning of. But if IIRC in April it changed like over a week (maybe even 2+ weeks) before results were released, so we all thought they were coming like the next day, and then they didn't....and then they didn't come the next day...or the next.....
See, reading through past threads, I think most people saw the opposite change. The day wasn't listed within the date, and then the morning of the results, it was listed. But our dashboard right now show the day, so I'm not sure what's gonna happen with it.

My heart can not handle that. May NCEES be merciful this go around.

See, reading through past threads, I think most people saw the opposite change. The day wasn't listed within the date, and then the morning of the results, it was listed. But our dashboard right now show the day, so I'm not sure what's gonna happen with it.
Ahhhh ok I am misremembering slightly then. Well I took a screenshot of my dashboard on Oct 26, and it said the date taken was October 22, 2021 then. So yeah, WHO KNOWS what will happen then! We just might not have something that will tip us off that results are coming soon then.

Also, WHAT IF our NCEES dashboards don't change before they start releasing results this time?
NBD
And they like found a new way to do it so that our dashboard doesn't change UNTIL they update it to show the pass/fail?
Is this a question?
And we just are like surprised
yes
and have no idea at all that it's coming?
no
Wouldn't that be crazy?
yes, but not really
All of a sudden someone from the first state that releases is like "I got my results!" and we'll be like "you're lying! fake!" BUT it's not.
That's literally the first few minutes of every release, soooo: situation normal.

I think the only time that didn't happen was last October (or was it April) where someone announced it and I'm like "yeah it's real, time to post the map"

I'm not sure, but I think they may use the displayed date as a way of confirming that the results were uploaded to the candidate profiles properly. It's an easter egg for us, but it's an immaterial way for their QA/QC folks to confirm that the database accepted the mass transfer of new information correctly.

also see: @MeowMeow s repsonse below your initial question.

But if IIRC in April it changed like over a week (maybe even 2+ weeks) before results were released, so we all thought they were coming like the next day, and then they didn't....and then they didn't come the next day...or the next.....
It changed really early then. We all thought something weird was afoot. IIRC it changed at least once or twice more before the results dropped, and the last change was indicative of the imminent release. Can someone confirm this please?

The exact change seems to vary, but the important part is that something changes. Do you recall what change occurred before right before the release for each session. If not, don't worry about it.

Years later it will just show <Month, Year>.

Not disagreeing, but what makes you say this?
Cut score meetings are typically what cause prolonged releases.

There wasn't a cut score meeting required in Oct '13 or '17. I could even include Oct '18 in the mix because they held the required cut score meeting (Fire Prot) relatively early that cycle such that it wasn't on the critical path.

There wasn't a cut score meeting last October either. But the results were intentionally delayed to prevent people from taking both the October and January exams.

There is no cut score meeting this administration.

Latest posts

Back