October 2021 Post Exam Wait Period - Welcome to the Suck

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
NJ board meeting is this Thursday
What does this mean?

It means New Jersey is having their regular monthly meeting this Thursday to conduct routine business.

It means nothing for the release of the results for New Jersey or anyplace else. No State still requires a full formal board meeting to release the results to the examinees.

I’m not expecting NJ to release until at least next week as NJ is almost always the last state

Okay, I had the same problem and I know someone else that had that problem. I don't know if the system updated, or if it means something else.

Checklist link still does not appear
Okay, I had the same problem and I know someone else that had that problem. I don't know if the system updated, or if it means something else.

Nearing 3 p.m. on the east cost, meaning it's definitely not happening today. My guess is that tomorrow, Wednesday, and possibly the rest of this week, they're running QC on everything they can before a Monday, Dec. 6 release.

So my co-worker who doesn't have 4 years work experience was looking to sign up for the CBT PE exam and was planning to take it in a decoupled state (I am in Colorado which is not decoupled). They were able to register for the exam under the Nevada board but chose a testing site in Colorado. This seems crazy to me! Is this a loop-hole that will allow testers in any state to take the exam under the board of a de-coupled state? Has anyone heard of anything like this?

So my co-worker who doesn't have 4 years work experience was looking to sign up for the CBT PE exam and was planning to take it in a decoupled state (I am in Colorado which is not decoupled). They were able to register for the exam under the Nevada board but chose a testing site in Colorado. This seems crazy to me! Is this a loop-hole that will allow testers in any state to take the exam under the board of a de-coupled state? Has anyone heard of anything like this?
With the advent of CBT testing, it makes which state you PHYSICALLY take it in null and void. BUT, your coworker will have to be licensed in Nevada first at that point and try to apply for Colorado through reciprocity.

So when it comes time to get the license, they will have to go through all of Nevada's rules, so it may just be simpler to wait until they get the experience to take it through Colorado's board. (I don't know the rules of each state so I could be wrong on this part.)

Latest posts

Back