October 2021 Post Exam Wait Period - Welcome to the Suck

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is this officially the start of the "any day now," time frame?
More or less, yeah.
I consider tomorrow the point when the window opens and I should be ready. Starting tomorrow morning I'll have a few threads ready to post should the results drop.

To be clear, I'm NOT saying it will release tomorrow. Just that I'll have some stuff ready to go if it does. The chances of it happening tomorrow are non-zero small. IIRC we've never had a release the Tuesday after Thanksgiving. I'll have to double-check though.

how am i supposed to get anything done at work waiting like this????
This is the time I was in full-blown stage 4. I was preparing what I was going to say to my employer and family when I got the FAIL results, and preparing my congratulatory thank you messages for those who passed. After getting into this mindset, it was easier for me to focus on work while waiting for the inevitable.

I think the worst part about failing is the feeling that you let everybody rooting for you down. Hopefully none of us feel that this time around 😓

Yes. But I need to post the updated State release notes in the new forum. I did a crib notes version earlier in this thread.

What State are you?

It won't matter if you're State is day 1 or not. If the first batch releases at say 10AM, and your State goes at 2:30, then you still have to suffer for 4+ hrs.

Is there a reason that NCEES doesn't update testers with a more concrete release date closer to the time? Seems like around now they would be able to say that results should be expected the week of December 6th to the 10th for example, or do they still not know themselves?

Yes. But I need to post the updated State release notes in the new forum. I did a crib notes version earlier in this thread.

What State are you?

It won't matter if you're State is day 1 or not. If the first batch releases at say 10AM, and your State goes at 2:30, then you still have to suffer for 4+ hrs.
I'm Florida. Seems from your post on page 6 that I should not expect results Day 1. SAD

I'm sure they have an internal schedule and target window. But like every other major project, things happen that cause delays.

We're all engineers here, and we all know that Murphy works on every project. You can't predict what he'll do or need. Maybe an investigation(s) or adjudication(s) takes longer than expected? Maybe it takes too long for SMEs to respond and document an issue, or a meeting of external experts need to be convened? Or maybe IT issues come up? I honestly don't know and I don't think anyone outside of the organization really knows either.

But what I do know is that they won't release the results to the State boards until the entire process is complete, correct, and defendable. The part that that the exam-takers actually see and care about is a small part of the operation.

There's also some utility in not publicly announcing things. Too much potential for backlash if things are delayed. Even last year, when we all *knew* what day it was going to release, they still didn't say publicly that it was going to happen that day. Just the usual "6-8 weeks".

I had a dream last week that I got the notification that I passed, but then they called me and were like "we were mistaken, you failed by 1 question. We are going to let you take only the afternoon portion again, and you have to do it within 1 month and then you will pass." They made it sound like I would pass no matter what and I was like this makes no sense! If I will pass no matter what then why do I have to take only the PM portion again. So I asked them "So, all I have to do is take the afternoon portion, and you'll pass me? Or do I have to get a certain score to pass? Or what?" And they wouldn't answer me. And I kept asking question to get clarification and they wouldn't clarify.

Now I have it in the back of my mind "maybe I passed" and that is dangerous because now I will be upset when I actually see that I failed.

I had my first post-exam nightmare a couple nights ago.

I was in a parking garage and realized that my crate with my reference material was folded up in my back seat. As in, I had forgotten to bring my references. But the weird part was that I wasn't in the right garage either, and I thought I was there for a basketball game! I do photograph college basketball, so it's not out of nowhere, but how would I confuse the biggest test of my life (thus far) with a basketball game?!?!?!

Back