October 2021 Post Exam Wait Period - Welcome to the Suck

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Each time the NCEES website takes a little longer to load I get my hopes up.

I feel results are coming soon 😭
Realistically? Gonna be at least another 12-14 days, possibly longer. Last two October exam result releases happened Dec 12 and Dec 15, so that would be another 18-21 days.

I think starting next week, we can rationally hope and expect results coming any time, since SE exam registration period is starting the 13th (still pencil &paper exam) and usually they release results before the registration period starts, also SE results usually come after Pe results like few days later, so definitely I am hoping around December 3rd? or 6th? for PE Civil results. This is my 2 cents analysis, of course with NCEEES you never know.

I think starting next week, we can rationally hope and expect results coming any time, since SE exam registration period is starting the 13th (still pencil &paper exam) and usually they release results before the registration period starts, also SE results usually come after Pe results like few days later, so definitely I am hoping around December 3rd? or 6th? for PE Civil results. This is my 2 cents analysis, of course with NCEEES you never know.
December 1st my gut feeling 😭

December 1st my gut feeling 😭
The sooner the better especially if the outcome will be positive, I am really hoping we will all pass and this will be behind us...having 16 guests tomorrow so will dive into nonstop cooking cleaning for 2 days lol hoping it will leave me little free time to stress about the results. :LOL:

I feel results are coming soon 😭
I'm inclined to agree. If one looks at the past release dates accounting for relative calendars and situations then the realistic window opens Wednesday Dec 1. I personally will start getting the map ready on Tuesday Nov 30, since I don't consider it out the realm of possibility that it could be released earlier due to <67% less exam takers than in the past.

To be clear, I am NOT saying it will get released on Dec 1, just that the window realistically opens that day.

Realistically? Gonna be at least another 12-14 days, possibly longer. Last two October exam result releases happened Dec 12 and Dec 15, so that would be another 18-21 days.
The Oct '19 release was delayed because of the need for a cut score meeting for the Control Systems exam. I'm certain it would have happened sooner if Control Systems hadn't changed their exam spec that year.

Oct '20 was intentionally delayed for other reasons. Covid threw a monkey wrench into the schedule last year. A year ago they offered P&P CE exams in October 2020 and January 2021 to try to reduce the person-load at the exam sites. I won't speculate on why, but examinees couldn't sit for both the October and January exams. And in December 2020, they hadn't devised a way to prevent October '20 examinees who failed from registering for the January exam. People already couldn't register for an exam if they are pending for a similar type of exam (e.g. P&P PE for another P&P PE exam, CBT PPE for another CBT PE, etc.). So as a result, NCEES didn't release the Oct 2020 results until after the January registration deadline (Dec 14). It came as a no surprise when they released around 10AM on Dec 15.

tl;dr Oct '19 and '20 aren't appropriate analogs for this administration.

Here's my *officially unofficial* take:

The last five October exam release dates:
Oct 2016 - Dec 8 - 41 days (2 weeks after Thanksgiving Day)
Oct 2017 - Dec 4 - 38 days (1.5 weeks after Thanksgiving Day)
Oct 2018 - Dec 5 - 40 days (Almost 2 weeks after Thanksgiving Day)
Oct 2019 - Dec 12 - 48 days (2 weeks after Thanksgiving Day)
Oct 2020 - Dec 15 - 53 days (Almost 3 weeks after Thanksgiving day)

What this data tells me is that, with the exception of Oct 2019 and Oct 2020, we can reasonably expect results 10-14 days after Thanksgiving Day. That means this year we can expect results no sooner than Monday, Dec. 6. But probably no later than Friday, Dec. 10. It could be 3 weeks after, just like last October, but with no cut score meeting this fall and less paper-and-pencil exams compared to last fall, I'd say that's unlikely.

So yes, Dec 6 is a very reasonable expectation, and on Dec 11 we can start flipping tables and marching to South Carolina with our pitchforks and torches.

tl;dr Dec 6-10 is the realistic window, with Dec 1-6 a small possibility and 11-15 a smaller possibility.

Back