October 2020 Results Map

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Guys,

Do you know that NJ board of Engineering (Consumers Affairs) has literally given the biggest secret of NCEES that we actually all knew??

They say the score to get the PE and FE is 70%. Link below 

https://www.njconsumeraffairs.gov/pels/Pages/FAQ.aspx

232BA449-C209-4615-BC1E-8F29B84455A9.jpeg

Guys,

Do you know that NJ board of Engineering (Consumers Affairs) has literally given the biggest secret of NCEES that we actually all knew??

They say the score to get the PE and FE is 70%. Link below 

https://www.njconsumeraffairs.gov/pels/Pages/FAQ.aspx

View attachment 20226
That's either a typo, or based on old information.

The FE might still be 70%, but I think that changed after it went to CBT. But certainly the PE cut score hasn't been set to 70% in a long time. They have to do some fancy math to scale the actual cut score to 70% for reporting purposes in Texas.

That's either a typo, or based on old information.

The FE might still be 70%, but I think that changed after it went to CBT. But certainly the PE cut score hasn't been set to 70% in a long time. They have to do some fancy math to scale the actual cut score to 70% for reporting purposes in Texas.
Oh great.  Here I am thinking all I have to do is get a 70% (56/80) to pass (I was unaware of that writing on NJ DCA website).  But, GENERALLY  speaking  70% raw score is usually good enough right??? Maybe that's why it takes NJ so long.  Maybe they consider than good enough for us! HOOORAY MEDIOCRITY!

Oh great.  Here I am thinking all I have to do is get a 70% (56/80) to pass (I was unaware of that writing on NJ DCA website).  But, GENERALLY  speaking  70% raw score is usually good enough right??? 
We've seen a cut score above 56/80 at least once. But generally it appears to be lower than 56/80.

Very sorry to bring that subject but is there any, and again I am very very sorry to bring that out it is just an interrogation. Is there any minority out there that feels like they need to get way much higher score than non minorities to get this exam? 
I mean you are in the office and regular dude that don’t even understand a moment diagram just pass their first try while you and your peers do it 10 times...

Is there a reason why we don’t see a score chart after we pass?? 
Is this reason linked to the fact that first takers get higher passing percentages??

Than repeaters (more prepared) that always fail more again and again...are they part of a group that need to prove more than others that they deserve to be PE??

If the NCEES wants to be clear about that isn’t better for them to have that score transparent for all of us??? What they always want to hide ???

Whom get offended again I am deeply sorry 

That’s was just some interrogations.

Oh great.  Here I am thinking all I have to do is get a 70% (56/80) to pass (I was unaware of that writing on NJ DCA website).  But, GENERALLY  speaking  70% raw score is usually good enough right??? Maybe that's why it takes NJ so long.  Maybe they consider than good enough for us! HOOORAY MEDIOCRITY!
I'm pretty sure you're joking, but just in case...

No not that. States don't set the passing score. It's set by NCEES and is the same for everyone. It varies by discipline and changes every year. But it's the same across all states.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm pretty sure you're joking, but just in case...

No not that. States don't set the passing score. It's set by NCEES and is the same for everyone. It varies by discipline and changes every year. But it's the same across all states.
Why you don’t go there and check what they said !!! I put the link of their FAQ

Back