October 2020 Post Exam Wait Period - Welcome to the Suck

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As I ran out to grab lunch, and decided to stress treat myself to TACO BELL for the first time in probably 10 years, something occurred to me.  I was registered for the April 2020 exam and had to go through the NJ application and board approval process to sit.  According to the NJ Board website, board approval is no longer required to sit for the exam.  You just contact them afterwards to do whatever you gotta do.  In which case, i could see the actual license issuance taking another 2-3 weeks...but I don't see what bearing this has on the physical release of the results.  Shouldn't be a reason to hold them hostage...

I'm in no rush for the license itself.  Take your time.  But give me the darn results!

What you think @KSeng?
As a follow up...my hot sauce is talking to me...and the NJ Board...

IMG_0046.jpg

except, I will probably wait forever...

By my count, we're still waiting on:

• Connecticut
  • New Jersey
  • Georgia
  • Minnesota
  • Montana
  • Washington
  • Hawaii
I know we have reps from (CT, NJ, GA, MN, WA). Do we have anyone from Montana and Hawaii?

(apologies if you already announced yourself and I forgot)

Can people from SD assume the License Look up is accurate?  Or is it best to wait for actual results before stating we passed?

Any recommendations for Electronics and Control exam classes? I did not pass the exam this time. Congrats to everyone who passed. Also, when can I retake the exam? 
I found that there was really not a lot on offer so I just did it on my own. Sorry to hear about your result though. I'm hoping I don't have to go through that again. *fingers crossed*

I read that in this forum before. I live by it since I read it. EI, PE or neither it's how you treat people and how you carry yourself.
NO.

the-floggings-will-continue-until-morale-improves-3f270.png

Got my notice yesterday from NY.  I passed the PE Civil Construction!

My boss told me to add PE to my signature but I told her not until I get my license number.  But looking to gauge what everyone here thinks😬*

*Not looking for approval or anything.  Still waiting for the number.
you don't add it until you get your number.

you will get your number in 4mo if it's like when @JayKay PE took it 

Can Anyone here help me regarding with the study material of PE CIVIL STRUCTURE?

I’m a long time reader, first time writer!

Congrats to those who passed their exam. I also passed the test on my first try. I took EET courses, breadth and transportation depth. It worths every penny. Kudus to the instructor Samir. He patiently answered all my questions so quickly. Without this course, I wouldn’t be able to pass the test since I don’t have a Civil or transportation background!

I just felt that I owe this to Samir and wanted those who didn’t pass don’t get disappointed and try this course for the next test. I highly recommend it. Good luck everyone.

Now I have to work on CA specific exams!!😅

22B94E5A-23B1-404E-8223-828F6CA7BF8C.jpeg

Can people from SD assume the License Look up is accurate?  Or is it best to wait for actual results before stating we passed?
I personally would treat it as 100% accurate - especially since it's SD. Technically the license lookup is the official word, not NCEES. If you are found there as a licensed PE, then you ARE a licensed PE!

With that said, we have seen a few cases over the years where it happens in error. In Oct 2014, Pennsylvania was a mess. Maybe 10% got their results early and accidently. PA closed that loophole. Then they accidently licensed people who failed. Someone (either PA staff or PCS) started issuing licenses to everyone who took the exam that October. A few people who failed, could find themselves in the license lookup. We estimate a many dozens of people were accidently issued a license. PA never notified people that they were issued a license though. PA caught the mistake after a day or so and started making the corrections. That mistake, and others that cycle, added nearly a month to the official release date. 

We also heard of one person in Nebraska a few years ago, FNG staff person accidently issued a license to him and sent notification before the NCEES release. Then he found out he failed. Nebraska rescinded his license.

Now, SD ha so few people who take the test, and fewer that pass. So they enter the passes into the system first, takes a couple hours to enter everyone in. Then mail out envelopes to people who pass. Then allow NCEES to release the results. With such as small number, I'm inclined to believe that they won't have many false positives.

tl;dr. You passed. Your team is up by 5 pts. You have the ball, 2nd down, 8 seconds left on the clock, opponent has no timeouts. All your team has to do is take a victory knee. It's nearly a lock that your team will win.

tl;dr. You passed. Your team is up by 5 pts. You have the ball, 2nd down, 8 seconds left on the clock, opponent has no timeouts. All your team has to do is take a victory knee. It's nearly a lock that your team will win.
BUTTT YOU FUMBLE THE SNAP!!! OH MY GOD CHAOS ENSUES! THE OTHER TEAM RECOVERS AND THEY'RE HEADING TO THE ENDZONE...BUT WAIT!!! BOBBY BOUCHER OUT OF NOWHERE AND THE MUDDOGS WIN THE BOURBON BOWL!

My boss told me to add PE to my signature but I told her not until I get my license number.  But looking to gauge what everyone here thinks😬*
Absolutely not. Do not add it to your signature! That sort of thing might actually prevent you from getting licensed. Unfortunately NYS takes forever to issue the license too. The most ethical thing you could say is that you passed the PE and are awaiting license, but that looks funky in an email sig.

I personally would treat it as 100% accurate - especially since it's SD. Technically the license lookup is the official word, not NCEES. If you are found there as a licensed PE, then you ARE a licensed PE!
Does that count for MD? 

By my count, we're still waiting on:

• Connecticut
  • New Jersey
  • Georgia
  • Minnesota
  • Montana
  • Washington
  • Hawaii
I know we have reps from (CT, NJ, GA, MN, WA). Do we have anyone from Montana and Hawaii?

(apologies if you already announced yourself and I forgot)
Montana is still patiently (not so much) waiting for results

Back