October 2020 Post Exam Wait Period - Welcome to the Suck

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
😈 I just remembered that I'm from Philly and its my birthright and responsibility to grief New Jersey. But I've been helpful so far and I'm not sure if I should start trolling. So before I make my decision, I'll ask the New Jersey folks in this thread who's their favorite football team? 😈
My wife is from just outside Philly lol...and to answer your question, I'm a Titans fan.  Not those Dirty Birds...

Edit: @RBHeadge PE I mean we could always meet and talk this out over some Gino's...or Pat's? ...

Last edited by a moderator:
It was the first person to answer, didn't catch her name.  I just sent an email to my delegated representative and will update if I receive a response.  Sorry, don't mean to spread the panic it just seems ridiculous they would take that long and I really hope she was wrong.

That's crazy!  Though at least you knew you passed.  I asked her point blank "So that's the soonest I can find out if I passed or not?  And she softly said "yes.."".
Wait...I'm confused.  If you passed NCEES (which you should be checking their website), you don't need to call the state education website?  Usually NJ/NY are one of the early states to release, so you know you passed...it just takes forever to get uploaded to the states.  You should be bugging NCEES to see if you passed, not NJ.  Unless NJ is decoupled or something like that, and you need confirmation that your experience counts?  I wouldn't bother the state people until NCEES updates, tbh.  State people are mostly in charge of issuing license numbers/helping with applications, not determining if you passed or not.  That's all on NCEES.

And we have better bagels & pizza than anywhere else...and pork roll.  Don't like it? fight me...
I will agree with the pizza. I've been saying for nearly 20 years that the best pizza "heat map" is centered on NJ (getting NYC and Philly) and drops off quickly from there.

Bagels? Not enough data to make a qualified statement. Probably similar to the pizza map above.

😈 I just remembered that I'm from Philly and its my birthright and responsibility to grief New Jersey. But I've been helpful so far and I'm not sure if I should start trolling. So before I make my decision, I'll ask the New Jersey folks in this thread who's their favorite football team? 😈
One of my brothers and my sister both went to grad school in Philly. We spent a lot of time there. I like the city.

Had a buddy of mine took the WRE twice.  Said the first time he took SoPE and failed.  Thought their Depth was a little lacking.  Took the EET the second time around and passed. I'm guessing Nazrul is the instructor for the EET WRE depth as he did the Hydraulics/Hydrology Breadth.  He's great.  Explains things very clearly and I think he does a great job of "dumbing it down" for someone who doesn't practice in that area regularly (or at all).  I've been in heavy highway construction for about 9 years now and haven't seen a Manning's equation or Rational Method problem since college. He did a great job bringing it all back for me.
I guess I do not have much issue in my own area WRE so more for like breadth topics specially soil and transportation. Is EET the one I should go with. I feel I have enough material and books etc. also took a course. Which I can take again for free of charge since I failed but I don't want to leave anything which might just help me get the last 6-9 questions right. 

I will agree with the pizza. I've been saying for nearly 20 years that the best pizza "heat map" is centered on NJ (getting NYC and Philly) and drops off quickly from there.

Bagels? Not enough data to make a qualified statement. Probably similar to the pizza map above.
But anywhere blows Maryland bagels out of the water.  My uncle lives down there and every time he comes up he buys out all of the everything bagels from the shops near us and brings them back.

My wife is from just outside Philly lol...and to answer your question, I'm a Titans fan.  Not those Dirty Birds...

Edit: @RBHeadge PE I mean we could always meet and talk this out over some Gino's...or Pat's? ...
Titans? How'd that happen. I mean, it's way better than saying the giants, but it's still a headscratcher.

p.s. I prefer Steve's

I guess I do not have much issue in my own area WRE so more for like breadth topics specially soil and transportation. Is EET the one I should go with. I feel I have enough material and books etc. also took a course. Which I can take again for free of charge since I failed but I don't want to leave anything which might just help me get the last 6-9 questions right. 
I think EET Breadth was worth it.  The binder they provide is great and their coverage of the topics is very good.

I kinda foreseen this, seeing the high cut off for structural. Still 45 not bad for 1st attempt I guess. I am feeling empty, can't work anymore. I am new to this forum and it was heck entertaining yesterday.  I have to get familiar with this website and might want to seek some of your help like someone mentioned EET preparation. Guide me ya'll seniors.

Diagnostic capture.JPG

But anywhere blows Maryland bagels out of the water.  My uncle lives down there and every time he comes up he buys out all of the everything bagels from the shops near us and brings them back.
I wouldn't go that far. I agree that the bagels here are below average (speaking from my refined NE palate). It's even worse since Bagel City in Rockville closed. But have you had bagels outside the northeast? I'm talking about the deep south, the mountain west, the southwest. It's like they aren't even trying. Barely pass as bread there. I've had better bagels in Istanbul (where theyr'e called "pretzels")!

But yeah, I agree. I stock up on certain bread products when I go back to Philly and bring them back with me.

Titans? How'd that happen. I mean, it's way better than saying the giants, but it's still a headscratcher.
Growing up I liked Eddie George & Steve McNair and thought their jerseys/logo were SWEET.  Also, didn't hurt that the first year they were the "Titans" ('99) they went to the Super Bowl...and lost by 1 yard.  Just kinda stuck. My family is all Giants & Cowboys fans.  My wife's side is all IGGLES and Phillies. Needless to say, i have fun at holidays being a Braves fan too...

I kinda foreseen this, seeing the high cut off for structural. Still 45 not bad for 1st attempt I guess. I am feeling empty, can't work anymore. I am new to this forum and it was heck entertaining yesterday.  I have to get familiar with this website and might want to seek some of your help like someone mentioned EET preparation. Guide me ya'll seniors.

View attachment 20154
Would very much so recommend SoPE for the morning. For the afternoon structural, I really studied on my own with practice exams (which weren't super helpful imo) as well as payed for the outlines by Hipster Engineer that guides you on what to bookmark in your resources which was the most helpful to me. Reading through each section that he has you tab was pretty crucial to passing for me.

View attachment 20154
I will recommend EET all day. Weight in gold, best for the money...whatever. Follow the binder with the videos, do the problems and tests, thank your lovely for taking care of life while you hang out at the EET adobe site...good luck next time and chin up. 

No one here is a better or worse Engineer than yesterday base solely on this result!!!

Latest posts

Back