October 2020 Post Exam Wait Period - Welcome to the Suck

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
tl;dr. You passed. Your team is up by 5 pts. You have the ball, 2nd down, 8 seconds left on the clock, opponent has no timeouts. All your team has to do is take a victory knee. It's nearly a lock that your team will win.
BUTTT YOU FUMBLE THE SNAP!!! OH MY GOD CHAOS ENSUES! THE OTHER TEAM RECOVERS AND THEY'RE HEADING TO THE ENDZONE...BUT WAIT!!! BOBBY BOUCHER OUT OF NOWHERE AND THE MUDDOGS WIN THE BOURBON BOWL!
Actually I was thinking of the Miracle at the Meadowland I.

Prior to this event, teams would actually run out the clock by running the ball. Taking a knee only became a thing after this happened.

Absolutely not. Do not add it to your signature! That sort of thing might actually prevent you from getting licensed. Unfortunately NYS takes forever to issue the license too. The most ethical thing you could say is that you passed the PE and are awaiting license, but that looks funky in an email sig.
Imagine that.  The receiver of the email would probably think I'm a pompous a**hole.

And like I said, I plan to wait for the official license number to be issued before hand.

2 minutes ago, RBHeadge PE said:

Actually I was thinking of the Miracle at the Meadowland I.

Or you could go with the DeSean Jackson punt return from a few years ago...I know that was a tie game at the time but doesn't make it any less insane..

Does that count for MD? 
Yes. Here's your checklist for Maryland:

1. NCEES emails Maryland that the results are ready.
  2. Maryland (usually Roberta) emails them back immediately that NCEES may release the results.
  3. Examinees get their results
  4. Over the next 1-2 weeks DLLR staff manually review and enter the passers into the licensing system. 
  5. An email will be sent to the passing candidate asking them to complete the form to get licensed.

If you got your EIT, your EIT number will be your identification number. The ID number will become your PE number
  6. If you got your EIT elsewhere, they will assign you an ID number. This number will become your PE number. 

[*]The "form" takes less than two minutes to complete. It's literally just verifying your contact info, affirming that you haven't been convicted of any crimes or other bad things, and paying $76.

[*]After the "form" has been submitted, it will "take 1-3 business days to process". 

[*]You will appear in the LL as a PE

[*]LOL "1-3 days", you'll get an email a few minutes to an hour later affirming that you are now a licensed PE along with some other important information.

[*]DLLR will snail mail steps 5 and 9

[*]Step 8 will include a link to print your license. Download the PDF and print a copy for your records.

[*]In the past, you'll get a letter in the mail from DLLR or NSPE-MD inviting you to a bi-annual awards ceremony in March/April at the Engineers Club in Baltimore. This is where you get your fancy wall certificate.

[*]If you don't attend, the wall certificate will be mailed to you.

Imagine that.  The receiver of the email would probably think I'm a pompous a**hole.

And like I said, I plan to wait for the official license number to be issued before hand.
Ehh, more likely a business rival, or angry customer, or regulator notifies the board that you are falsely representing yourself. Small chance the board finds out accidentally, unless of course you regularly interact with board members for other reasons.

Or you could go with the DeSean Jackson punt return from a few years ago...I know that was a tie game at the time but doesn't make it any less insane..
That was miracle at the meadowlands III. I brought that play up when eulogizing my grandmother. She loved then eagles too and we "watched" it together so its a fond memory.

2. Maryland (usually Roberta) emails them back immediately that NCEES may release the results.
  3. Examinees get their results
  4. Over the next 1-2 weeks DLLR staff manually review and enter the passers into the licensing system. 
  5. An email will be sent to the passing candidate asking them to complete the form to get licensed.

If you got your EIT, your EIT number will be your identification number. The ID number will become your PE number
  6. If you got your EIT elsewhere, they will assign you an ID number. This number will become your PE number. 

[*]The "form" takes less than two minutes to complete. It's literally just verifying your contact info, affirming that you haven't been convicted of any crimes or other bad things, and paying $76.

[*]After the "form" has been submitted, it will "take 1-3 business days to process". 

[*]You will appear in the LL as a PE

[*]LOL "1-3 days", you'll get an email a few minutes to an hour later affirming that you are now a licensed PE along with some other important information.

[*]DLLR will snail mail steps 5 and 9

[*]Step 8 will include a link to print your license. Download the PDF and print a copy for your records.

[*]In the past, you'll get a letter in the mail from DLLR or NSPE-MD inviting you to a bi-annual awards ceremony in March/April at the Engineers Club in Baltimore. This is where you get your fancy wall certificate.

[*]If you don't attend, the wall certificate will be mailed to you.
oooh i love a checklist of things to look forward to!! Do you think the ceremony will still happen this year? Or will it be some virtual thing? 

Can people from SD assume the License Look up is accurate?  Or is it best to wait for actual results before stating we passed?
I told my supervisor and family I was on the look up. We are still remaining cautious, just in case. Since NCEES says nothing yet, and I did not get anything in the mail. We are assuming it's a pass, but until the confirmation is in the mail or on NCEES, there's no big celebration.

I told my supervisor and family I was on the look up. We are still remaining cautious, just in case. Since NCEES says nothing yet, and I did not get anything in the mail. We are assuming it's a pass, but until the confirmation is in the mail or on NCEES, there's no big celebration.
Same.  I don't want to celebrate too early but I hope it is true!

1. In the past, you'll get a letter in the mail from DLLR or NSPE-MD inviting you to a bi-annual awards ceremony in March/April at the Engineers Club in Baltimore. This is where you get your fancy wall certificate.
  2. If you don't attend, the wall certificate will be mailed to you.
I want a wall cert.

Like no joke.

I emailed my board in february and march (pre-pandemic) and NOTHING -_______-

I know it might only be me waiting on Connecticut but someone posted this on Reddit. I hope this means they will be telling ncees to release them late tonight since I doubt they will be working tomorrow unless they are working from home

image.png

oooh i love a checklist of things to look forward to!! Do you think the ceremony will still happen this year? Or will it be some virtual thing? 
It looks like they shifted the awards ceremony calendar a few years ago. It's now Sept and Jan. So my guess is that the October people will have to wait until September for the ceremony.

It looks like the last in-person ceremony was January 2020, so they must've delayed things this year for COVID. I'm certain the powers that be will reach out and let you know how they're doing it. If you don't hear anything by March, you can contact them.

https://www.mdspe.org/general/?type=CONTACT

I want a wall cert.

Like no joke.

I emailed my board in february and march (pre-pandemic) and NOTHING -_______-
A lot of States are phasing them out.

and fwiw, Maryland's is pretty low quality.

oh yeah no, the "wall" cert is like the size of a business/commercial check.

and the page size of the file with both versions is 11.69x8.26. -___-

2. ...
  3. After the "form" has been submitted, it will "take 1-3 business days to process". 
  4. You will appear in the LL as a PE
  5. LOL "1-3 days", you'll get an email a few minutes to an hour later affirming that you are now a licensed PE along with some other important information.
  6. ...
Honestly, we are so lucky that MD is so responsive.

Back