October 2020 Post Exam Wait Period - Welcome to the Suck

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not sure if this one will help you but I just talked to NCEES today. they have opened an exam window just for civil in January 2021. registration starts on Nov 1st and ends Dec 14th. My question was " if I can sign up for that exam while I'm waiting for the result?, since I bombed the exam, Lol"

"the answer was, NO!"    She said, you can't sign up for any exam while your result is pending. and your exam result will be after the registration. :(  

Apparently, they wont release the  October exams' results until after that registration ends. So I'm expecting our result will be late December if not early January. 

Not sure if this one will help you but I just talked to NCEES today. they have opened an exam window just for civil in January 2021. registration starts on Nov 1st and ends Dec 14th. My question was " if I can sign up for that exam while I'm waiting for the result?, since I bombed the exam, Lol"

"the answer was, NO!"    She said, you can't sign up for any exam while your result is pending. and your exam result will be after the registration. :(  

Apparently, they wont release the  October exams' results until after that registration ends. So I'm expecting our result will be late December if not early January. 
I do not accept this. My moneys are on.... December 15th for SE, putting PE around... December 10.

1) Have faith that you did better. 

2) I doubt they told the customer service people the actual date. The people answering the chat stick to the 8-10 week line. Eight weeks would open the window on Dec 19.

2a) That's not to say that the results will come out before Dec 14, nor to say that they'll come out afterwards either.

It's on their website. You didnt need to contact them for that info.

1) Have faith that you did better. 

2) I doubt they told the customer service people the actual date. The people answering the chat stick to the 8-10 week line. Eight weeks would open the window on Dec 19.

2a) That's not to say that the results will come out before Dec 14, nor to say that they'll come out afterwards either.
Thank you for being positive, everyone keep saying that to me from our office. I hope I did better than what Im thinking. 🤞

It's on their website. You didnt need to contact them for that info.
Didn't find anything regarding the registration for the exam on January while waiting for the October result. But that's ok, Idk if I want to take the exam again that fast if I don't pass. 

Didn't find anything regarding the registration for the exam on January while waiting for the October result. But that's ok, Idk if I want to take the exam again that fast if I don't pass. 
From personal experience, I don't suggest it. Especially if youre feeling burnt out.

Results being released is 100% dependent on if the spam thread reaches its goal. Also, the more you spam, the more likely you are to pass. There isn't a new spam thread for this exam cycle yet, but there should be soon. If the wrong person creates the spam thread, the goal will not be reached. I know, it sounds weird and perhaps outlandish, but it's the truth. Just ask @matt267 PE.
It's sad, but true.

Welcome

I'm in New Orleans also... Hm, I don't know too many Civils. Also I assume you're younger than my 39 years (of age... not work experience).

Stay safe from Zeta... I just got rejected from the grocery store (they closed at noon) :(
Just a little younger, still in my early 30’s. I work for USACE as a structural engineer. 

Lost power here, and a tree fell on my car. But other than that, my wife and kids are safe and that’s all that matters for me.

According to reddit, the CBT Nuclear, Petroleum, Fire Protection, and Industrial exam results have been posted.

Not sure if everyone has seen this yet but I noticed this on the NCEES website and also saw everyone talking about it so I thought I would share. 

“Individuals who took the October exam will be unable to register for the January exam. Results from the October exam will not be released prior to the close of registration for the January exam, and examinees are unable to register for any exam when results are pending from a previous exam. The same is true for the January 2021 administration and being able to register for the April 2021 exam—results from January will not be released prior to the close of the April registration period. Registration deadlines cannot be changed.”

https://ncees.org/january-2021-pe-civil-exam-administration-updates/

Not sure if everyone has seen this yet but I noticed this on the NCEES website and also saw everyone talking about it so I thought I would share. 

“Individuals who took the October exam will be unable to register for the January exam. Results from the October exam will not be released prior to the close of registration for the January exam, and examinees are unable to register for any exam when results are pending from a previous exam. The same is true for the January 2021 administration and being able to register for the April 2021 exam—results from January will not be released prior to the close of the April registration period. Registration deadlines cannot be changed.”

https://ncees.org/january-2021-pe-civil-exam-administration-updates/
Yeah, I think they are trying to have less applicants in each window.

Back