October 2020 Exams

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So what’s everyone’s feelings? Shorter wait time or longer wait time due to the virus, which seems to be impacting some state government offices more than other areas.

So what’s everyone’s feelings? Shorter wait time or longer wait time due to the virus, which seems to be impacting some state government offices more than other areas.
I have a feeling it's going to be an outlier on either end. Either they are going to take forever because of all this craziness  or just say whatever, you guys are troopers for actually trying to take an exam during the apocalypse and pass most. Hopes on the latter. 

Apparently, some takers are mentioning that scores will not be released until the registrarion for the January's exam are closed (14th December).... so I guess that we will not have our scores until, at least, December 15th. 

From the NCEES website under the January 2021 registration updates in the news section

"Individuals who took the October exam will be unable to register for the January exam. Results from the October exam will not be released prior to the close of registration for the January exam, and examinees are unable to register for any exam when results are pending from a previous exam. The same is true for the January 2021 administration and being able to register for the April 2021 exam—results from January will not be released prior to the close of the April registration period. Registration deadlines cannot be changed."

Registration for the January exam closes on December 14th. I'm sure this is there way of helping to reduce the number of registrants for the January exam to help accommodate all the additional test takers from the canceled April exam. 

I hope that states that limit the number of attempts take this into consideration?

i.e. GA give you 4 consecutive tries after you are apporved to take the exam wether you skip an offering or not, so hopefulluy they will accomodate that this is our of your alls decision making ability..

Well, it remains to wait for the results and prepare further. Because I already realized that I have something to improve to show the best results.

Back