October 2019 Post Exam Wait Period - Welcome to the Suck

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
because he's got a lot of knowledge about the process and is far too nice & patient so he answers the same questions over and over and over and over. and talk people down off of the ledge 
I approve this message whole heartedly! He is definitely one of the best. 

I got the email in between presses of F5.  

I don't know why but I didn't even hesitate to press F5 again to get the result.  It was a good day. 

I thought I would be more apprehensive.  Maybe even wait until I got home.  But nope.  I did it while in a team meeting lol

Last edited by a moderator:
giphy.gif

The absolute worst part about this phase in April was refreshing NCEES and seeing the green "PASS" for my FE as the page slowly reloaded. 

Got me every.  Single.  Time.

A close second would be all my email notifications from Amazon, FedEX, UPS etc that constantly inundate my inbox.  Every beep, ding or buzz would send me through the roof.
Got so excited about the FE pass the first few times. I've trained myself not to see it now. And I'm just worried I'm going to miss the all important notification because it all gets sent to my Updates tab. I could conceivably not know results are out for up to 30 minutes after they are released depending on how often I F5. The horror!

The absolute worst part about this phase in April was refreshing NCEES and seeing the green "PASS" for my FE as the page slowly reloaded. 

Got me every.  Single.  Time.

A close second would be all my email notifications from Amazon, FedEX, UPS etc that constantly inundate my inbox.  Every beep, ding or buzz would send me through the roof.
right? When my husband read me my results he actually saw the FE Exam result first and got excited and I had to tell him not to look at that one... it was a mix of emotions for sure!

Did anyone notice that the next test date will be on April 17, 2020? This year it was on April 5 so it is being pushed back by 2 weeks. First time poster, don't yell at me. 

This is my first time waiting for PE results and I am about to go crazy.  Is there ANY way somebody could somehow some way find out when the Controls standard-setting/cut score meeting is scheduled for?  Or if it has even been scheduled yet?  I feel like if we just knew this information, I would feel a little better.  For example, if we found out the meeting was end of this week, then we'd know that likely we wouldn't be receiving results this week, and I could chill out a bit until next week. 

Also, in the past, have they ever released the results of exams that are already scored if not all of them are ready?  So if all the other exams besides Controls are ready, then ANY chance they'd just release those and wait and release Controls later?  Or will they definitely wait for the Controls cut score meeting to release them all at once? 

Did anyone notice that the next test date will be on April 17, 2020? This year it was on April 5 so it is being pushed back by 2 weeks. First time poster, don't yell at me. 
this Aprils was pulled in from years past. It's usually mid-April.

As in, one year, I ran the Boston marathon and 4 days later took the PE. 

Latest posts

Back